Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

what is wrong with my hands and fingers, extremely painful if i knock or bang them.

(12 Posts)
jrc3 Thu 06-Jun-13 12:29:47

Hi, good to read the messages above. I have looked this up and found your comments, so I am not imagining it! My hands are really hurting with the slightest knock, it has been like this for a few weeks! any more news of what this might be? I too don't really want to go to the docters yet!

LalaSalama Sat 26-Jan-13 19:05:19

One possibility I've considered is fibromyalgia -an article I read talks about excessive pain responses to normal touch - although I don't have severe fatigue or lots of muscle aching.

LalaSalama Sat 26-Jan-13 19:00:04

I found this thread searching in Google as am having exactly the same problem with my hands. The slightest tap is really painful. It's really annoying! Did you ever find a reason piratecat? I also get burst blood vessels in my fingers from time to time, often if I touch something metallic.

I have the same pain problem with my ears (the external part!) - if I scratch them, it is agony!!

piratecat Mon 12-Mar-12 12:17:55

thats it exaxctly! If i catch my hand on the door, opening a new bottle of pop (have to use a towel). Scratch my hand on a zip, just the normal stuff, it's xxx10 in pain.

i am 43, and have to say i think my knuckle joints on 1st and 2nd fingers, that face my thumbs are sticking out more the last yr or so.

bolleaux.

Pandsbear Mon 12-Mar-12 12:04:19

I don't have exactly the same but your comment It hurts ridiculously to knock them, in comparison to the force of the knock rang bells.

I have rheumatoid arthritis and this happens to me but it is if I knock or bend my thumbs accidentally. I am in agony and it just looks like a slight brush with a bag or against the edge of the sink etc. This does not mean you have anything like arthritis but you def. have my sympathy. Yes go to the Drs and see what she/he says.

piratecat Mon 12-Mar-12 11:54:48

BLOODS you say shock

grimmace-ok will do.

Kellamity Mon 12-Mar-12 11:53:43

Well done, you are not wasting their time. Come back and tell us what they say. I predict they will take some bloods and go from there.

piratecat Mon 12-Mar-12 11:39:35

hmm, i should go, just don't want to feel like i am wasting doc time, (because i haven't found a shred of info on this!).

Would love someone to come along here and go 'oh i know what you mean'.

ok. will go. been to the docs for dd alot just recently, it must be my turn.!

Kellamity Mon 12-Mar-12 11:27:43

Definitely go and see your GP. Not finding anything on google doesn't mean a thing. You should never google your symptoms anyway, tis a dangerous past time wink

piratecat Mon 12-Mar-12 11:25:53

yes i keep thinking i should. am not normally one to put these things off. it isn't normal no. DD gets annoyed when i get the pain, and says mum you said you were going to go!

Surely a google would give me an idea, it's just a strange thing isn't it.

WhatWouldFreddieDo Mon 12-Mar-12 11:23:26

It's not normal and seems to be causing you a lot of pain, so I would go to the doc anyway smile

piratecat Mon 12-Mar-12 11:18:23

I have had this for about 6 months, if i knock my hand or finger on something, it is bloody excruciating. Really sensitive to pain. It's most bizarre. No broken skin, or anything like that. They are a bit dry, but not visibly dry iyswim.

It hurts ridiculously to knock them, in comparison to the force of the knock.

it sometimes makes me cry!! Can't find anything thru googling so havent gone to doc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now