Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Syndol

(183 Posts)
juneybean Sun 11-Mar-12 18:42:31

Why is there a shortage? sad I really don't like the boots own paracetamol and codeine, too chalky.

-moan-

KenDoddsDadsDog Sat 27-Dec-14 21:34:01

Yep , I bought some doxalymine earlier this year so at least it's out there .

It's not the same. The doxylamine is what worked for me, and Syndol no longer contains it. Will take your advice scouseadelic and get some from Amazon. Still don't understand why it's been changed though.

orbitxxx Sat 27-Dec-14 20:32:58

Many thanks

madamginger Sat 27-Dec-14 19:30:26

Tesco make an own brand one for £2.40, syndol is £5.99 for 30 shock

IceniMist Sat 27-Dec-14 19:27:46

It's just co codemol with caffeine. You can get co codemol for about £1.25 and drink with a coffee.

I was fooled into buying the new pack. Waste of money.

orbitxxx Sat 27-Dec-14 18:50:04

Why have the manufacturers stopped putting in the ingredient doxylamine succinate, thats what made it so helpful,
Cheers.

KenDoddsDadsDog Thu 11-Dec-14 15:24:36

Ha , came on to revive this thread !! So happy.

karenkirkwood85 Mon 08-Dec-14 16:06:41

Hi Lucy, agreed. Only taken 2 tablets and I am feeling better already.

lucymaving Mon 08-Dec-14 12:11:56

Hi,

Not a waste of time and money at all! Just bought a pack of Syndol new formulation from Boots and it works very well for my tension headache! I am so happy that is back in the market! You should try the new formulation. :-)

talliethecat Thu 04-Dec-14 14:58:38

To Hattie

Yes, it's back, it's in Boots today, but if you read the ingredients on the pack or the manufacturer's website (Sanofi) you will find that it's not the same as before. It now contains 500mg Paracetamol, 8mg Codeine and 30mg Caffeine. It no longer contains doxylamine succinate which seems to be the ingredient that gave Syndol its magic ability to cure my headache. It is now being sold for "headaches" rather than for "tension headaches". IMO the new Syndol is a complete waste of time and money.

hattielewis84 Fri 28-Nov-14 17:01:54

Hi Guys!

Since I last posted in April, I've been following The Healthcounter (the place where I found that blog) and they've just posted on their facebook that they're getting Syndol back in stock!!!!

It looks like they've changed the packaging a bit, but I don't care as long as I get my Syndol!!!

I'll let you know when they announce they officially have it back grin

Hattie
xx

Sinead139 Fri 07-Nov-14 14:48:32

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

jaykirbie Sun 02-Nov-14 12:06:36

jaykirbie Sun 02-Nov-14 12:00:44

Guys I know everyone is feeling desperate but really how safe is it to buy products from abroad with no guarantee of what you are actually taking?- it may be worth looking for alternatives if you can't get the UK one

Biancarose123 Thu 30-Oct-14 16:51:11

kellysmith290914 Fri 17-Oct-14 12:32:42

grovefarcroft Sun 05-Oct-14 17:19:37

kellysmith2909 Mon 29-Sep-14 17:02:02

scousadelic Sun 28-Sep-14 19:27:23

Syndol is Co-Codamol with doxylamine so you the easiest solution is to buy doxylamine and take it with generic Co-Codamol. I got mine from Amazon as 'Kirkland Sleep Aid' which I know is a reputable make because Kirkland is Costco's own brand.

The one I bought runs out that 2 Co-Codamol and half a Sleep Aid is roughly similar to 2 Syndol

grovefarcroft Sun 28-Sep-14 19:12:30

emmsphillips Sun 14-Sep-14 18:57:50

Just don't think I would feel comfortable buying from abroad but thanks for the info. May have to consider it when I can't get any more UK ones tho!

DrankSangriaInThePark Sun 14-Sep-14 18:38:28

I had a cupboard full once. Stockpiled the first time they withdrew them.

Sadly have now 1 slightly soggy pill left.

Nusalembongan Sun 14-Sep-14 18:33:01

Sorry I was referring to the link in Hattie's blog link that says they may be dodgy.

Nusalembongan Sun 14-Sep-14 18:32:02

The link above shows a picture of the packets that I've received - the ones that my friend brought back in person came through a doctor friend in SA complete with a prescription for customs - identical packaging.

Just my experience.

Nusalembongan Sun 14-Sep-14 18:29:15

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now