Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Anyone been treated by Dr Graeme Brown at the Royal Orthopaedic Hospital?

(14 Posts)
LilRedWG Thu 01-Mar-12 09:44:50

Just wondering? Have seen him once and he has a very different approach, just wondered what others thought.

Anderson100 Sun 16-Feb-14 12:14:00

yes I have - using prolotherapy - are you still looking for a response

LilRedWG Mon 02-Jun-14 17:11:30

Just seen this, sorry. Yes, another perspective would befold please?

Youknowthescore Fri 15-Jan-16 12:16:04

Hey,
Sorry I'm posting almost two years later. My mums just had an appointment with him and come back feeling completely uncomfortable and confused. He asked so many personal and inappropriate questions.
Is this what you meant? What was your experience?
Kate

fairbalance Fri 15-Jan-16 16:33:17

What sort of questions did he ask? I have ortho hip, knee and elbow issues. I am wondering if he one to avoid??

Youknowthescore Fri 15-Jan-16 18:08:02

Whether she was married, single, had a boyfriend, living alone, whether I'm (her daughter) in a relationship with my babies father. Totally irrelivent questions a profession wouldn't/shouldn't ask.
I'm not happy with how he handled things and left my mum feeling. Especially being on her own and making her feel uncomfortable before an examination. I'll be speaking to the NHS about him tomorrow to let them know and see what they say.
As for his advise, I can't comment on but I don't think he was at all useless

fairbalance Fri 15-Jan-16 23:55:23

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Youknowthescore Sat 16-Jan-16 11:04:28

With a doctor, you have to put your trust in them. She didn't know what to make of it other than feeling uncomfortable. She walked out whilst he was just finishing his sentence and just wanted to get out of there.
I would avoid. Especially on your own

goddessofsmallthings Mon 18-Jan-16 20:13:30

It seems Dr Brown practices integrated medicine which takes into account mental and social factors rather than just the symptoms of a disease and I suspect that this holistic approach may cause some patients who are accustomed to being treated by more traditional medical practitioners to find his questions unusual or unorthodox.
www.drgrahamebrown.co.uk/

It should be noted that Dr Brown's book has good reviews and may be of help to those who are suffering from long term or persistently painful conditions:
www.amazon.co.uk/How-Liberate-Yourself-Pain-Practical/dp/1899398171

As you've given an account of a consultation at you were not present, OP, I would suggest you take care to avoid saying anything here which could be seen as calling into question the integrity of this doctor.

user1471525761 Fri 19-Aug-16 08:16:06

Well I went to see Dr Brown and found him to be a complete 'quack'. I work in the medical profession and his questions and answers to mine were bordering on outrageous and reported him to the GMC.
He appears to me to have dipped his toe into psychology and doesn't know what he is talking about.
That poor lady was gruelled by the sounds of it and this man shouldn't be allowed to see people on their own.

Anderson100 Sun 11-Sep-16 19:22:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

WellErrr Sun 11-Sep-16 19:28:07

Blimey sounds awful.

I have a family member who's in need of orthopaedic surgery - should we be avoiding him then?? shock

Billybong2007 Fri 16-Sep-16 09:52:53

I have been treated by Dr Brown twice by use of prolotherapy for back problems first in 2007 and again in 2014. I'm a solicitor advocate and don't do waffle or quackery. I speak purely as I find. I had significant discomfort and lack of movement before treatment. My own experience was that although the two series of injections I received were not particularly pleasant they both worked well. I have recommended and will continue to recommend Dr Brown to anyone with similar problems to my own.

parent223344 Fri 16-Sep-16 11:57:27

Glad your prolotherapy procedures both went well, sorry to hear you had to go through this procedure twice, when it was not particularly pleasant(did it not work the first time). Did Dr Brown use imaging for your procedure? What was you told the risks were of prolotherapy?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now