Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

gout attack

(5 Posts)
KeeleResearcher Mon 11-Mar-13 13:18:57

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

NatashaBee Mon 02-Jan-12 14:36:34

My husband found that apple cider vinegar helped (not the diluted stuff, it has to have something called 'mothers' in, you can find it in health food shops). He drinks it with honey because it smells like BO. Supposedly it changes the acid/ alkali balance of the body. He has also cut out red meat and alcohol.

crystalglasses Mon 02-Jan-12 13:32:56

I've been putting a cold compress over my toe joint, taken some ibruprofen and am drinking lots of water. All this has reduced the pain so hope this will do the trick. No more red wine and rich food for me. I really don't want to have to go to my GP

kunahero Mon 02-Jan-12 07:54:11

neurophen could help as it is an analgesic and anti inflam but you really do need to take specific gout meds such as alupurinol though this is POM from your gp.
Gout can be avoided fairly easily if you follow an 'anti gout diet'. New year is the most 'popular' time to get gout due to poor diets over xmas so you are not alone.
Good luck

crystalglasses Mon 02-Jan-12 05:27:43

I have a painful attack of gout. Can I take nurophen to get rid of the pain? I don't want to go to the doctor because I haven't got time to sit in the surgery all morning

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now