Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Sore tender scalp forehead related to flu?

(4 Posts)
bedbuyer Fri 25-Feb-11 17:23:54

This is v weird so wonder if someone can help. Day before yesterday had the feeling I was coming down with something and yesterday had flu like symptoms - chills, temperature, swollen glands and stiffness in neck. At the same time my whole scalp and forehead started to feel really sore and painful when I touched it.

After a day of lying around/ taking neurofen etc the other symptoms are subsiding but the sore head remains. It feels like someone has tightened up the skin across my head and when I tip head foreward it hurts across the top of my head.

ANyone else had anything like this?

milkjetmum Sat 26-Feb-11 08:46:59

Do you have any rash/blisters where it is sore? If you do, it could be shingles and you should get to the docs ASAP. If you don't then hopefully it is just one of those things that will pass with painkillers/time.

enimod Sat 26-Feb-11 12:19:57

shingles

bedbuyer Tue 01-Mar-11 16:27:06

MJM & enimod - turned out to be facial cellulitis - have just returned from 2 days inpatient stay on IV anti biotics plus 5 days of oral ABs.

Thank goodness it was actually something - I was worried I was going mad!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now