Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Oh pants I need a rectopexy!

(8 Posts)
kianaidan Wed 23-Oct-13 14:12:05

Hi all, Have you had your ops. Were they successful? I think I have an internal prolapse and I.m so scared.

minniethemooch Thu 19-May-11 17:01:35

Hi 14K, its topogigio have namechanged
I am due to have my op 10Junee. Turns out I have a womb prolapse as well so now having a rectopexy and hysteropexy. Sigh . Not only do I have problems with BMS but also with weeing, which is due to the womb kincking the bladder neck.
How did urodynamics go? Found it quite painful having the catheter but at least it showed what the proble was. Would recommend seeing a colorectal as well - if I had just had the gynae op then the colorectal one could not have been done afterward so I am glad I saw two surgeons who will operate at the same time.
Hope that helps
Tx

l4k Mon 16-May-11 16:39:22

hi hyperglad and topogigio
did you have your op's?how did it all go?
I'm going next week to see a urogyne and have urodynamics but not sure if i should be seeing a colorectal aswell
any tips?
hope you are completely recovered but if not I'd like to here your experiences

topogigio Thu 27-Jan-11 15:14:06

Hello both
Yes did think I was the only person going through this ! Have not had the surgery yet - getting a second opinion from a colo rectal surgeon but the symptoms I have are
Cant finish bowel movements
Pressure in rectal area

Hope that helps
T

hyperglad Thu 27-Jan-11 11:31:16

Hi
there is a large thread on the next page at present under rectocele...lots of useful info there.

I am currently in hospital going down to theater at 2 pm ha for a posterior repair and a sacropacious fixation. I am having this vaginally will let you how it goes xx

l4k Wed 26-Jan-11 21:02:47

Hi topogigio

I can't believe no-one replyed to this post.
I hope the surgery went well for you and you are fully recovered.I have a rectocele and cystocele and am wondering if I could have a enterocele too.
would you mind shareing your symptoms?
hope you are fit and well now
l4k

topogigio Mon 12-Jul-10 20:49:03

Noone else ?

topogigio Mon 12-Jul-10 16:29:29

Hello

Just had a letter from my surgeon after a lovely proctogram (those who have had this know what it is! ) confirms I have a rectocele and enterocele (prolapsed bowel) . Need a ventral mesh rectopexy (laproscopic) - anyone had one of these ? Any hints/ advice ? Am scared sad

Topogigio

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now