How far in advance can you book Ryanair flights?

(13 Posts)
waitingforgodot Wed 30-Sep-09 15:37:02

Have been looking at flights for next June but there dont appear to be any?
Do they wait until a set time before releasing them?

elmosworld Wed 30-Sep-09 22:25:58

Hi,

Think its up to 6 months in advance, but to be honest the best time to book with ryanair is about 3 months before you go... Super cheap wink

Check out their timetable, and save the pennies, definately worth it in the long run when you fly with Ryanair.

waitingforgodot Fri 02-Oct-09 13:54:23

thanks for that!!

DadInsteadofMum Mon 05-Oct-09 09:15:21

They get release in block so next summer will all be realesed in one go (probably end of this or next month).

When is the best time to book depends on the route, popular routes book as early as possible as the price will only go up as the plane fills. Less popular routes if the plane is not filling they lower the price to try and fill it (which is why I am guessing ELmo books 3 months in advance).

Was gonna say what DIOM said, basically it really depends on where you are trying to go. If it's popular keep checking the website and get the tickets as soon as they are released, if not so popular it';s worth waiting a bit.

Mousey84 Mon 05-Oct-09 09:58:21

Be careful - just saw a note about them upping booking fees. See here

FimboFortunaFeet Mon 05-Oct-09 10:01:16

I booked my flights at the beginning of September for February going to Malaga. Since I booked the flights have gone up.

wannaBe Mon 05-Oct-09 10:05:27

be careful - a lot of the budget airlines are cutting flights from lots of airports but are still taking bookings. If you book with ryanair and they cut he flights you are unlikely to get your money back.

princessmel Mon 05-Oct-09 10:10:01

I am looking to do the same thing

So if they are available 6 months before how come it's cheaper 3 months before?

princessmel Mon 05-Oct-09 10:11:28

ok just read DIOM post

clam Mon 05-Oct-09 10:11:39

Not my experience, wannabe. I booked a flight in July for next February, which was then switched to a totally inconvenient replacement flight (as they'd cut the original). I phoned to cancel, fully expecting a hassle, but they refunded the money straightaway, including all fees, no questions asked.

I then re-booked with Easyjet for about 350 cheaper!

clam Mon 05-Oct-09 10:12:58

Oops, sorry, £50 cheaper. Shift key slipped!

DadInsteadofMum Tue 06-Oct-09 09:36:40

They are legally required to offer you a replacement or a refund and do so promptly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now