Bugaboo Cameleon spares parts where to get?

(40 Posts)
kayka Wed 30-Apr-08 18:41:14

Can anyone advise please on where to get spare parts for Cameleon? Or recommend someone who can help to repair the chassis in London ideally?
A handle on my Bugaboo Cameleon does not lock on the right it makes the buggy very floppy and dangerous for DD. Taking it back to the store was not an option and on opening the outer ring of the chassis hub, we found that 2 aluminum locking clips on the right of the unit have snapped. Bugaboo customer services is absolutely useless (to put it mildly!).. Has anyone got ay advice? Many thanks in advance!

misdee Wed 30-Apr-08 18:42:16

how old is it?

if its under two years old and you got it from new it should be covered on the warrenty.

k8pha Thu 31-Jul-08 14:34:10

Hi

Did you ever find an answer to your problem because the exact same thing happened to my bugaboo (technical fault if you ask me!). I also live in London and bugaboo customer services were also useless.

The pram has been sitting sitting in my hallway for over a month and I am unable to use it until I get it repaired. What a waste of nearly £600 !!

Kathy

mustsleep Thu 31-Jul-08 14:50:36

have you emailed bugaboo, i emailed them about my bee hood being damaged and they said that any retailer could order spare parts

although after emailing several some won;t unless you have purchased it from theremothercare will order you spares but you have to go into store to do it

i ordered my bugaboo bee hood from lilimay.com if you phone them they are really helpful said that my hood may take up to six weeks to arrive but it came the week after grin

although if you are still in warranty bugaboo should sort it out and cover costs for you wink

mustsleep Thu 31-Jul-08 14:51:50

have you looked on ebay the chassis come up for sale all the time with out the weels and are quite reasonable might end up cheaper than paying someone to repair

tess1e Tue 14-Oct-08 14:52:16

Try www.lilimay.com 01273 411331

hf128219 Wed 22-Oct-08 07:12:01

Did you fill in your warranty card?

I got a letter from Bugaboo explaining there was a problem with the screws near the locking clips - and enclosing new screws!

snuffle Sun 23-Nov-08 10:30:01

I'm so glad I'm not the only person with this problem!
Within a year of having by Bugaboo the frame buttons stopped snapping into place, after many a conversation with Bugaboo customer services (if thats what you call them) I got nowhere and went back to the supplier who I purchased it from. They wanted me to send the buggy backk to them.... not an option, but after many a rant I got a replacement frame, but not even a year on the same thing has happened again and I'm getting one very fed up mother!
My DH has taken it apart several times and tried to rub the discs down, it seems to work for a while then gets stuck again!
I too am at a loss of what to do, these are expensive buggys but both the customer service and design quality is very poor! I certainly wouldnt buy another, in fact if we have another child I'm tempted to sell my Bugaboo and buy somethign else..... any suggestions!!!!???!!!

LisainLondon Wed 18-Mar-09 12:22:18

I know this post is old, but I came across it while searching for info on my 2008 Bugaboo Cameleon whose handlebar stopped locking properly, so I thought I'd add to it in case anyone else comes across it looking for info on the same problem. I called Bugaboo service (02073855338) asking whether I could get a replacement screw (one had completely fallen out of the handlebar), and they said it's a problem with the chassis and they need to send me a whole new chassis! Since I'm still in the warranty period, I just had to email them my serial number and proof of purchase, and they say they're going to send me a replacement chassis in about 10 days. What a relief! I just hope it comes...

gingerrage Wed 25-Mar-09 15:42:47

we had the same issue. Go to their website - http://bugaboo.com/ go to News and service news link and it tells you what to do

ivedoneitnow Tue 14-Apr-09 09:53:33

Did you ever get a new chassis lisainlondon? The same thing happened to me yesterday and I am wondering what to do!!

amazingchan Thu 25-Jun-09 01:03:53

We had a similar problem, the right-hand hinge of the frame would not lock and the button was permanently down. What had happened was the handle extension switch housing had come unscrewed and slipped up the frame, causing a small spring to fall out. The lock switches each have a spring which pushes down on a rod inside the frame to lock the hinge. To access the spring, unscrew the handle extension housing and slide it up the aluminum frame. I replaced the missing spring and the frame works perfectly. If the problem is with the spring, this should work. Alternatively the problem may lie inside the lock switch housing, which contains a very simple mechanism which slides the lock rod up and down. This can be unscrewed as well. As far as I can tell, the actual hinge assembly itself is a sealed unit and can't be opened, but hopefully, you won't have to.
Good luck,

amazingchan Thu 25-Jun-09 01:05:41

We had a similar problem, the right-hand hinge of the frame would not lock and the button was permanently down. What had happened was the handle extension switch housing had come unscrewed and slipped up the frame, causing a small spring to fall out. The lock switches each have a spring which pushes down on a rod inside the frame to lock the hinge. To access the spring, unscrew the handle extension housing and slide it up the aluminum frame. I replaced the missing spring and the frame works perfectly. If the problem is with the spring, this should work. Alternatively the problem may lie inside the lock switch housing, which contains a very simple mechanism which slides the lock rod up and down. This can be unscrewed as well. As far as I can tell, the actual hinge assembly itself is a sealed unit and can't be opened, but hopefully, you won't have to.
Good luck,
Ben

USMom123 Mon 17-Aug-09 17:39:23

HI all, I have the same problem as above and have been unable to find any infortmation on their website about what to do. I can't seem to find anyone who sells springs that don't fit in cars suspensions either...
Can anyone help me?

Bartek Mon 30-Nov-09 20:42:30

Bugaboo Cameleon chassis repair !!!
I'm living in west London and can repair Bugaboo Cameleon chassis with lock on the possition problem.
bart@wetrat.co.uk

Michelle141 Sat 05-Dec-09 16:02:12

Hi Bartek

I dont know if you can help us but the side part of our Bugaboo chassis has sheared off today on the way home from the shops. Its the silver bit half way up on the brake side. I'm not sure if this is fixable or whether we need a whole new chassis - we are out of warrenty.

thx for any advice!

Michelle

Bartek Sun 06-Dec-09 20:47:28

Hi Michelle

I'm not sure I understand your description, but if you living in London we can meet and then I will tell you is that fixable or not.
Regards.
Bart

jaceg Mon 04-Jan-10 17:26:58

This was a problem we've experienced as well. But i rang the number on this site as i found it really difficult to find a phone number for Bugaboo so it was (02073855338) and i spoke to a lady called Victoria who was amazing and super helpful. As the chasis was still under warrenty (2yrs) they are sending me a new one free of charge and then the warrenty on that one starts again. So this sounds all great but the first person i spoke to could not help me or rather would not help me and said it was out of warrenty and i had to buy a new chasis. So i suppose it helps to go back again, and the service i received second time was second to none. So hopefully the chsis should arrive very soon wink

hania Tue 27-Apr-10 00:41:34

Message deleted

hania Tue 27-Apr-10 23:03:29

Theres now a company that repairs bugaboo chassis for leass than half the price to buy a new chassis www.buggypitstop.co.uk they also service and clean the pushchair and bring it back to it orignal condestion

MissJos Tue 04-May-10 12:56:35

I contacted the guy above – BARTEK – he came home and picked up my chassis and just dissapeared. It's been 2 months, I waited as long as possible but I don't want someone else to be screwed by this guy.

So I guess it is better to contact the company Hania has found!

BTW if anyone has a chassis to sell me, I'd be interested as BARTEK stole mine – how weird!

sarahgee Wed 12-May-10 09:53:59

Hi Jaceg,
I've been trying to get my bee sorted out for months. Arm holding in seat detached. Couldn't get anywhere on website, saw your post and phoned the number (0207 385 5338) - was thrilled to get VICTORIA - and had the same perfect experience. Really helpful - my bee is JUST out of warranty but they're sending me a new seat anyway. BRILLIANT - THANK YOU! Anyone with a Bugaboo problem should use this number (AND ASK FOR VICTORIA!)
Sarah

Bartek Sat 05-Jun-10 15:24:05

Hi there.
I want to explain. I'm already help many peoples from this forum and if I can't repair bugaboo "while you wait", it's take me usually onr to two working days.
I has car accident and spend long time in hospital where somebody stolen my mobile and I lost most of contacts. I already spoke with MissJos and all is sorted out now.
If somebosy sent me email or message in last two month and I didn't answer, I'm apologize. Please try again, now I can help again.
Bartek
bart@wetrat.co.uk

alejandras Thu 24-Jun-10 22:03:18

hello Everyone- does anybody know if the Bugaboo warranty is worldwide? I bought my Cameleon in New York and was wondering if I can get it repair here? it is still under the 2 year warranty period. Many Thanks, Alejandra

AsadTay Wed 13-Oct-10 16:32:22

www.buggypitstop.co.uk - I used this company when my chassis broke. I found them to be very professional and reasonable too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now