How can I remove the smell of vomit from my car carpet?

(9 Posts)
curiouscat Wed 09-Jan-08 16:56:46

Hi, says it all really, dd had the vomiting bug. My car has non-removable carpets. I've used spray foam cleaners but a week on it's dry and stinks still. Would appreciate any tips to remove the smell not just disguise it. Many thanks.

Washersaurus Wed 09-Jan-08 17:02:59

We used bicarb, oust and febreeze on ours which helped - on seperate cleaning attempts I must add, not all at once. We could still catch a whiff of it every now and then tho.

Washersaurus Wed 09-Jan-08 17:03:40

Oh and a steam cleaner - that really helped grin

WestCountryLass Wed 09-Jan-08 18:03:12

I have scrubbed mine with Boots disinfectant (smells nicer than Dettol) and boiling hot water.

3madboys Wed 09-Jan-08 18:07:47

lots of my friends recomend zoflora, it is very strong, sold in a little bottle and you have to dilute it.

i use the bicarb method and sometimes dilute some essential oils and then use that hth

Sherbert37 Wed 09-Jan-08 18:10:50

I copped out and had the car valeted after DD threw up in it, as I was collecting my new boss from the station. The car was only 6 weeks old.

curiouscat Wed 09-Jan-08 19:25:20

Ooh Sherbert poor you. I've avoided letting anyone non-family in the car but can't pull it off much longer. Thanks for the tips everyone, now I'll have to find my bicarb smile

katonggirl Sat 02-Feb-13 14:55:33

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Wandastartup Sat 02-Feb-13 15:04:41

I expect they've sorted it out now- 5 years on...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now