Lapland

(4 Posts)
Princesspink999 Sun 09-Oct-16 21:48:55

Can anyone share any good recommendations for a Santa trip to Lapland? Has anyone booked flights,hotels etc separately without doing a package? Any advice very welcome. I'm looking to go abroad rather than Lapland UK. Thanks

mrsmortis Tue 11-Oct-16 14:53:16

I took DD1 three years ago with Canterbury Travel. They were really good. My DD had a brilliant time. As well as seeing the big man the package included a reindeer sleigh ride, a husky sleigh ride, bobsleighs, tobogganing, a visit to an ice chapel, etc. They also provided the proper outerwear which was really important given how cold it was.

I'm not sure how you would manage without a package as I'm not sure how you would book those things. I think they are set up by the package companies for their groups rather than by a local firm. Also I think that the direct flights were all charters.

If you are looking at booking double check where the package company takes you as several of the day trips basically take you to the arctic circle shopping mall. It's alot of money to pay to see a mall santa. The Father Christmas that we visited was in his own home. He was sat in a secret room behind a moving bookcase. My DD thought it was magic.

NicknameUsed Tue 11-Oct-16 22:18:03

We did a Lapland trip last year, but in February as DD is too old for Santa. It was predominantly a trip to see the Northern Lights.

I can't see how you can do it independently as there was no way of getting to our accommodation on public transport as our hotel was a two and a half hour drive from the airport. Our flight was a direct charter as well. It also included loads of snowy activities.

Oh, and there was no shopping mall within 100km of where we stayed grin

This kind of trip is just not cheap.

starwish Fri 14-Oct-16 11:45:18

If you go on TripAdvisor Lapland forum you will find information on how to book flights, hotels etc. yourself. I can highly recommend Inghams.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now