Advice on where to stay in London

(7 Posts)
happyvalley4 Tue 04-Oct-16 22:32:01

We're going to London at the end of Oct. (myself, DH and DD age 7)

We live in Southampton. We will probably travel by train. The train goes into Waterloo.

Can anyone recommend somewhere to stay (nice, reasonably priced family friendly hotel) either near to Waterloo Station. Or somewhere easy to drive to and park with good access to central London.

Thanks

mouldycheesefan Wed 05-Oct-16 13:33:34

Any premier inn

idontlikealdi Wed 05-Oct-16 13:35:21

Agree Premier Inn, you know what you're getting and not pricey. There is one very near Waterloo Station.

NoNoNoMYDoIt Wed 05-Oct-16 13:43:28

I stayed in the Premier Inn at Waterloo Station early in the year. It was absolutely fine and very handy.

hamble123 Wed 05-Oct-16 19:40:46

I have stayed in the family rooms (large and with a fridge and microwave) at the Ramada Hounslow/Heathrow East a few times (it used to be called the Days Inn) and is an American brand. I have parked in their car park behind the hotel and the rate was very cheap. It is a 2 minute walk to the Piccadilly Line tube station. The rates to stay there are often very inexpensive.

I've also stayed many times at the Holiday Inn Forum in South Kensington, just a few steps from the Gloucester Road tube station (Piccadilly, District and Circle Line tube trains). I was there in August this year and had a family room (no microwave but there was a fridge). It's a huge hotel in a fab location; just across the street there is a Waitrose, a Tesco Metro and a 5 minute walk away is a large Sainsbury's supermarket so it's good for buying snacks for a picnic or just to eat in the room. There are loads of places to eat nearby; pubs, restaurants and the usual fast food chains (although I like the French 'Paul' boulangerie/patisserie.)

Best of all....just a short walk away is the Natural HIstory Museum, V&A and Science Museums, Royal Albert Hall and Hyde Park is a pleasant walk or you can take the bus there.

If staying at this hotel, I would not take the car....at one time you could park across the street from 8pm to 8am but can now only do so with a resident's permit....the hotel's car park is approx 35 quid a day!

GoldenMama Wed 05-Oct-16 19:49:33

I'm interested in this too.
Somewhere central, no driving necessary! But good area for children.

What's your plan of action while there op? How long are you going to stay?

Buckingham palace London eye and natural history museum is def on our list. 👑

BrassicaBabe Wed 05-Oct-16 19:51:57

We stayed at a premier inn hub. It was £30 a night cheaper than premier inn and about 100 yards from the Tower of London. Huge and comfortable bed. It had everything we needed for the weekend.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now