Disneyland Paris vs LEGOLAND

(7 Posts)
NNat Mon 26-Sep-16 15:07:46

To those of you who’ve been to both – how they compare?

We’re relatively close to Windsor so no need to book hotel etc and we managed to do one day for about £80 all inclusive (2-4-1 entry, commute and expenses). Now 3 nights at DLP with all the possible offers would be more than 10 times of this so I wonder if it’s worth it.

mouldycheesefan Tue 27-Sep-16 10:52:16

Yes have done both. Both excellent but different. There is a lot more at Disneyland you need about 3 days there really.
If your kids are young, you haven't done legoland and its nearby and would be cheap I would do that but get qbots so you aren't queuing, you will do far far more rides that way, it's worth the extra money. Exception is of you are goin in a very unpopular day. We were thee once on a Rainy Monday in October and didn't even get off the rides to queue again, it was empty you could stay on and go round as many times as you like. Not the case on weekends.
I am not sure you would get 3 nights at Disney for park tickets, accommodation and travel for £300 to be honest I would expect it to be significantly more than that.

mouldycheesefan Tue 27-Sep-16 10:52:54

Sorry did you mean£300 per person?

noramum Tue 27-Sep-16 11:49:39

We did both and I think you can't compare them. DLP is much more than "just" a themepark while Legoland is exactly that. While Legoland has the Legotheme and there are figures all over, for me it is more a normal park with rides.

I think it also depends on the age of a child. We went to DLP when DD was just under 5, for us the right age. She still remembers a lot, could go on all rides she wanted, was still in the very strong Disney Phase.

For Legoland - DD wasn't fussed until she was really into Lego, that was around when she was 7. Beforehand it was like Chessington or any other funpark with rides.

For us Legoland was a day out, ok a special one, but DLP was a mini-vacation.

AndNowItsSeven Tue 27-Sep-16 12:01:15

Mouldy op said over £800.

mouldycheesefan Tue 27-Sep-16 12:30:42

Ah yes that makes more sense, I misread! Apologies op!

NNat Tue 27-Sep-16 21:44:02

Hi, I'm just back - yes, it's in a range on £600-700 with all the possible bargains now (4 nights). DS is 6.5, he's more into Star Wars and various space things, doesn't care about Micky smile
We were super lucky with LLand - May bank holiday, wonderful sunny day, but we never queued longer than 15-20min (apart from Fire academy), we were chatting so it was fine. No qbot.

I think I'm off to book. I so much hope he will enjoy it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now