Lost luggage

(6 Posts)
Wallykazam Thu 22-Sep-16 13:51:16

Hi, it's now day 6 of a 10 day holiday my retired parents are having in Gran Canaria, they flew monarch from Birmingham and my fathers luggage still hasn't arrived. The numbers they have provided just ring out. What can I do to get a response?

specialsubject Thu 22-Sep-16 14:41:22

silly as it is, raise hell on any vaguely relevant twitter account. That has worked for me when official channels didn't want to know.

www.monarch.co.uk/faq/flights/baggage/lost-bags is worth reading.

Did your parents obtain a PIR (property irregularity report) form?

Have Monarch reimbursed them for basics; they are obligated to pay up to £30 daily.

Wallykazam Thu 22-Sep-16 16:58:22

Hi Atttila, yes they got a report and we're trying to call the number their provided but just rings out, I tried all morning as well, eventually I wrote on their Facebook wall, guess what I had a phone call back apologising and asking for specific details of the bag to trace it, so fingers crossed they find it although their holiday is almost over...

specialsubject Thu 22-Sep-16 17:05:53

ah, the power of social media against those who really don't want to do any work....

too late for this one, but can I suggest that on their next trip they mix the clothes between cases. That way no-one is left stranded.

Wallykazam Thu 22-Sep-16 18:12:26

Thanks Special, we are about to fly out on Saturday same airline, with two young children so that's a great tip!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now