Does such a place exist in Italy?

(10 Posts)
TheMissMarple Wed 21-Sep-16 20:55:48

Hello
We are a family of 5 with 3 young children. We would like to drive to Italy next year for a 2 week holiday, but we can't decide on accommodation options. In a perfect world we would have a holiday villa/apartment in a small complex that has amenities on tap (pool, restaurant). A vineyard with a restaurant would be fabulous for example. We are happy to try anywhere in terms of location really. It's important its a nice place, without costing the earth. Happy to try a good family hotel, just not a villa in the middle of no where without amenities to hand. The less cooking i have to do the better!
Any suggestions?

LIZS Wed 21-Sep-16 21:00:28

Look up Artimino, near Florence. There is a hotel and self catering accommodation dotted around the village and in clusters among the olive groves, all with access to pools. There is a restaurant near the hotel/villa plus smaller ones in the village itself. Less than an hour's drive from Pisa, about 10 minutes' drive to the nearest station for Florence.

MozzchopsThirty Wed 21-Sep-16 21:02:23

We stay in peschiera lake Garda

The parc hotel has the hotel itself, where you can be anything from b&b to all inclusive
They also have Eden apartments and you can add dining options at the hotel as you wish

My boys would choose to holiday here in place of anywhere else we've been, including Florida shock

MerylPeril Wed 21-Sep-16 21:02:55

Not quite the same thing but you can stay at accommodation at farms (we were in a block of 8, nice rooms but just rooms) where breakfast/dinner was included and most of the produce was grown on site.
They have a particular name I cannot for the life of me remember what it is!

Food was very good btw

JedRambosteen Wed 21-Sep-16 21:09:45

Agriturismo?

TheMissMarple Wed 21-Sep-16 21:22:45

Thank you for the quick replies! Off to google everything!

SpidersFromMars Wed 21-Sep-16 21:24:42

Second vote for pescheria!

MerylPeril Wed 21-Sep-16 22:11:15

Agriturismo!! YES!

LokisUnderpants Wed 21-Sep-16 22:12:50

Agriturismo Casalappi in Tuscany. It's divine and close to the beach but has a pool. It's amazing.

Backingvocals Wed 21-Sep-16 22:19:02

here in Sardinia

Stunning.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now