Canada advice please

(7 Posts)
Sounbelievablydull Mon 19-Sep-16 12:34:05

We have been given an unexpected chance of a weeks break in November.
I don't want to spend a fortune but Canada was looking reasonable for fares etc.
Would November be an ok time to go?
Also where?
I looked at Vancouver which I've always liked the sound of but Toronto also sounds good with an opportunity to visit niagra falls.
Would be very grateful for anyone's input

mummymeister Mon 19-Sep-16 15:36:06

I would check out accuweather website as unless you are used to snow then it could be a bit of a shock. 6 - 10 degrees c is pretty chilly imo.

rookiemere Mon 19-Sep-16 16:04:10

Canada is a wonderful place - Vancouver is a great city, but yes probably a bit chilly in November. Also it's a very long flight for just a week.

Weather in November in most of Canada will be cold and snowy. In Vancouver it will be rainy. I'm on the West Coast and the annual rain-fest has started!

What about embracing it and doing some skiing/sledding/snow shoeing?

I'd love to see Niagara if it freezes, which it sometimes does. But it's rare!

lazydog Mon 19-Sep-16 21:45:54

November's a bad month to visit my bit of Canada at least (BC Rockies). Not far enough into winter conditions to come for a ski holiday (or at least, it's likely to be unreliable snow conditions) and it seems it's also one of the worst months for serious car accidents as all the morons act like they've never seen snow/ice before...again...

HereKittyKit Mon 19-Sep-16 21:48:50

I went in January. My flight was cancelled due to bad weather so i was redirected on an 8 hour flight. A 10 hour journey turned into 28 hours. So beware of that.

It's a beautiful place.

I think westjet have the cheapest flights. Especially if you can fly from Dublin.

Sounbelievablydull Mon 19-Sep-16 22:39:30

Thankyou so much I think maybe I'll re consider

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now