Lascaux

(5 Posts)
muddyfootballkits Thu 15-Sep-16 23:04:24

Anyone visited the caves Lascaux replica ? Not sure whether to fly to Bergerac or Limoges. Would need to get train after! Any advice????? I want to take my son as he is learning about it.

rookiemere Fri 16-Sep-16 13:44:19

We tried to do this as a family when DS was younger, but they weren't very child friendly (this is before DS made a squeak by the way) so only DH ended up doing the tour.
We've flown into Bergerac, but we always hire a car as public transport not great out there.
I'd absolutely recommend that you visit Grotte de Rouffignac where you get a train down to see genuine (not replicated) cave drawings. That was a truly magical trip for all of us, even though our guides English wasn't great.

muddyfootballkits Sun 18-Sep-16 19:14:08

Thank you so much. How did you find driving over there?

rookiemere Sun 18-Sep-16 20:36:26

DH does all the driving so it's absolutely fine grin, but I don't remember many hairy moments so I think it's ok. It's a lovely part of the world - we've been a few times.

eightytwenty Sun 18-Sep-16 20:39:22

You could fly to either. The road is pretty quiet. Bergerac marginally closer I'd say.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now