What's your fantasy holiday?

(12 Posts)
KitKat1985 Tue 13-Sep-16 19:10:58

I currently have family who are doing a 'trip of a lifetime' around Canada and Alaska, to celebrate their retirement. They've been saving a long time and are gone for a month. I asked DH what he would do as a fantasy holiday (I.E, money and time off work being no object) and he would do a drive across America. What would you do?

RusholmeRuffian Thu 15-Sep-16 09:26:32

I'd do the sane as your DH, a big road trip across the US from coast to coast.

noramum Thu 15-Sep-16 10:25:09

There are three I have on my list:

Asia, long trip, Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, India (that alone is a trip)

South America

Africa

Tiredandtested Thu 15-Sep-16 10:27:59

I would skip from one Aman Resort to another, flying First Class only.
Starting here
www.aman.com/resorts/amanpulo

NapQueen Thu 15-Sep-16 10:32:52

I'd fly out to Hawaii on my own for 3 nights, after which dh and the kids would come join me and we would do a few days there then onto California / Disney etc. Then after about 2 weeks the kids would fly home (no idea how!) And dh and I would do 4 nights in NYC.

KitKat1985 Thu 15-Sep-16 12:59:55

Some good fantasy holiday ideas here. smile I'm kinda of half thinking of doing a big trip for my 40th (because my 30th was crap) so I'm looking for some inspiration, and would need a good few years to save.

Having thought about it I think I'd possibly do an 'East coast' of America type trip. So maybe spend some time in NYC and then drive down slowly down and across Florida.

Having said that Canada and Alaska sounds pretty amazing too.

Allinafankle Sun 18-Sep-16 19:13:09

I've actually done mine - travelling on the Trans-Siberian railway from Moscow to Beijing. I had the most amazing time and would love to do it again in winter to experience Siberia in the cold and the snow.

Makemineacabsauv Sun 18-Sep-16 19:16:21

I have 2:
Australia
Mooching around the Greek Islands for a long, long time experiencing as many of them as possible - as well as a few mainland places too. This could take a few years and I may need to spend the worst of the winter on Cyprus!

notagiraffe Sun 18-Sep-16 19:24:12

I'd love to travel round India.
DH and I want to walk the Great wall of China when Dc have left home.
As soon as it's safe, I'd love to visit Egypt.

Family dream holidays include USA and Japan

bakingaddict Sun 18-Sep-16 19:30:19

Japan flying 1st class

My IL's are going on a round the world cruise next year taking in Easter Island, Amazon, Chile and Patagonia to name a few. When I'm retired I'm doing a holiday like that

notmaryberry Sun 18-Sep-16 19:31:53

Canada or an African safari

Littleelffriend Sun 18-Sep-16 19:32:44

Fiji and the cook islands

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now