Mosquito Repellent

(10 Posts)
NotAsYoungAsIWas Sat 10-Sep-16 00:48:09

What's the most effective mosquito repellent you've used?

HarrietSchulenberg Sat 10-Sep-16 00:53:32

Allegedly, the SAS use Avon Skin So Soft in mozzie-laden areas.
Not tried it on mosquitos but it is fabulous against Scottish and Welsh midges. Doesn't repel as such, more sort of "kills on contact".

Jumpandleak Sat 10-Sep-16 06:38:44

Anything with 50% deet.
Boots or Jungle Formula are my usuals.

NicknameUsed Sun 11-Sep-16 22:24:45

Anything with deet.
Autan is also a good one.

OH is a midge magnet and is allergic to mosquito bites and finds that Autan and Jungle Formula always work for him.

The key is to cover every part of exposed skin with repellent. If OH so much as misses one square inch he gets bitten.

Oh, and the Avon one doesn't work for him.

Sgtmajormummy Sun 11-Sep-16 22:29:15

Autan do a Tropical body spray if you want to go the whole hog!
I put a washable citronella wristband on the kids which supposedly lasts a week because Autan is strong stuff!

Sgtmajormummy Sun 11-Sep-16 22:41:42

This is a 10 day plug-in but you should only use it if your house is well ventilated, not air conditioned.raid night and day
Sorry, I couldn't find it in English but it's a Johnson&Johnson product.

NicknameUsed Mon 12-Sep-16 00:14:16

Wristbands only protect the wrist. Your children can't be midge magnets because they would get bitten elsewhere.

MattLegg Wed 21-Sep-16 22:45:31

I have a 16 month old.do you know if there is any age limit on using repellant?

DanniiMinogue Wed 21-Sep-16 22:48:18

I buy a spray that is 100 percent deet. There's one for your clothing and a second which is for your skin.

ThenLaterWhenItGotDark Thu 22-Sep-16 08:31:26

Both Superdrug and Wilko do a 50% deet one that is a lot cheaper than Jungle Formula but exact same ingredients. I would also get a Raid Night and Day plug in, they seem to make even more difference than the spray tbh.

(I have a bleeding house full of mozzies at the mo' and have just been and bought some more Night and Days)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now