Flying with medication... What do I need to take?

(5 Posts)
Warl Wed 31-Aug-16 20:26:56

DH has recently been put on 2 kinds of permanent medication. We've never had to take medicine on holiday with us so I'm not sure what I need to take, I would of taken a weeks worth just in the blister packs but should I actually keep them in the boxes? Also what paperwork do you need to take, we have the white part of the prescription (the bit you use to order your repeat prescription) will that be ok or should I have had a letter from Drs? I can't get one now as I've left too late & we're going tomorrow but only occurred to me when I started packing shock

Sirzy Wed 31-Aug-16 20:30:19

Shouldn't be an issue at all. I would take the box just so you have it incase there is a problem at any point while away - put some medication into two different bags if possible just incase a bag goes missing!

I always take the repeat slip with me - not for proof for travelling but just incase there is a hospital trip or anything!

I assume you have told your insurer?

Warl Wed 31-Aug-16 20:47:07

Aw great thank you so much that's put my mind at ease. Glad I thought about the box, I suppose if just the blister packs they could be for anyone couldn't they. Will put the repeat slip in as paper! Hadn't even thought about the insurance tbh confused they aren't for anything that would affect it tho I don't think, only migraines & indigestion

PitchFork Wed 31-Aug-16 20:50:13

depends on where you go.
careful with painkillers (opoids).
but generally, medicines should go in handluggage and you need the prescription information (sticker on pack).

specialsubject Thu 01-Sep-16 11:18:45

check on the country you are going to - as mentioned, opioids can get you in a lot of trouble in some places. and it doesn't need to be exotic - Greece bans codeine, as an example.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now