Is there a best time to book flights/package to Vegas?

(10 Posts)
Emus Mon 29-Aug-16 15:17:10

Looking to book a girly holiday next year for five nights but wondered if there's a particular month or time of year where flights are at their cheapest to book for Vegas? I want to fly direct with BA/Virgin.

I know there's a sale on now but don't want to rush in and then find the same deal much cheaper in a few months time.

I know it can also be cheaper to buy a package (even if you don't use the hotel part) so same applies for when to get the best deals.

Anyone with insider knowledge or experience?!

PotatoBread Mon 29-Aug-16 15:20:16

Nov-Feb tends to be cheaper as that is when the weather drops and the majority of the hotels close their outdoor swimming pools so no sunbathing or pool parties. I went in Nov last year - was warm enough during the day - 22/23 degrees or so though I think that may have been higher temps than normal for that time of year - but got really cold at night

PotatoBread Mon 29-Aug-16 15:21:04

I wouldn't go Dec or Jan

Emus Mon 29-Aug-16 15:30:09

Sorry, forgot to say that we already know the date we want to go (May 2017) but unsure of when the best time to book tickets for May 2017 is in order to get the best deal.

Emus Mon 29-Aug-16 15:30:54

My original OP made no sense!

PotatoBread Mon 29-Aug-16 16:11:39

If there's a sale on now and you're happy with the price I'd just book now tbh.

AttilaTheMeerkat Mon 29-Aug-16 20:24:20

I would look at the period around Easter time; Easter is later next year and the weather in April is hot but not that uncomfortably so (i.e. when it gets into the 100s).

Hotels in LV always charge more around weekends; this is the period from Thursday-Monday. Your hotel accommodation rate will increase for those days.

I would book this as soon as you are able to because flights there are very popular. Also BA are doing a sale at present so such deals can get snapped up very quickly, its very unlikely that you would find a cheaper deal some months later simply because all the seats have been sold.

PinkDucks Tue 30-Aug-16 10:26:55

We went to vegas in march with virgin. Weather was beautiful (about 22-24 everyday so not uncomfortable), pools were just opening and we didnt pay extortionate money either because of the time of year. It was also busy/lively but not overly crowded which it has been when we've been at other times in the year (particularly around summer). Not sure when the best time to book is though. We tend to book around 9months before we go but couldn't say if it is cheaper/more expensive if booked at another time. Strangely we did find the price was better when we went into the shop though rather than trying to do it online as they were able to being up more options. Hope that helps.

AmberGreyson Tue 30-Aug-16 13:29:13

i have read that the most cheap flight tickets on 52 days before the flight day

Emus Tue 30-Aug-16 13:52:49

Thanks everyone!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now