Dalaman holiday

(7 Posts)
bearofnothingness Thu 18-Aug-16 19:47:06

Booked a holiday here on a whim for end of September, any advice or information anyone can offer about Turkey? Am a bit worried about location etc but it's booked now!

ApocalypseSlough Thu 18-Aug-16 19:50:16

I'd go! In fact I'm looking although it's unlikely I'd get leave, just desperate for a break after a summer organising other people's holidays
DD was near there when there was the coup and reported nothing at all. It's far from Ankara and Istanbul and whatever you think of the government the people need to make a living. And it's beautiful. And cheap at the moment.
Have a lovely time.

bearofnothingness Thu 18-Aug-16 20:02:58

oh that's good to hear, it does look so pretty!

midsomermurderess Sat 20-Aug-16 21:31:22

Dalaman is where you will fly into I presume? It is a rather dull, dusty town you need to get yourself over to eg Dalyan or Gocek or such like.

bearofnothingness Tue 30-Aug-16 20:10:59

the hotel is in marmaris

leccybill Tue 30-Aug-16 20:15:47

Dalaman airport is new and lovely.
Marmaris isn't my cup of tea, prefer Icmeler.
It certainly is cheap this year though so good value for money.

HermioneWeasley Tue 30-Aug-16 20:18:13

Warning - dalaman airport is amazingly expensive - think £30 for a Pizza Hut pizza, so make sure you take food with you for the trip back

Dalaman and Marmaris are miles away from the big cities, it's as safe as anywhere

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now