Versailles

(3 Posts)
nicsnac Mon 15-Aug-16 19:57:20

We are on holiday in France and have decided to visit Versailles for the day. To avoid queues you are advised to pre order your admission tickets, however, we do not have access to a printer. Does anyone know if we can just show an email confirmation or we would give to print tickets? I cannot find anything on the Internet!

BlackCatSleeps Mon 15-Aug-16 21:59:23

I can't answer your question but when we went the queue looked absolutely horrendous.....looping around in circles but actually it kept moving and wasn't too bad (Aug).

SpareTheRod Tue 16-Aug-16 07:24:43

We went two weeks ago.
There was a lot of queuing but it was still worth it.
We arrived at 1pm.
The queue to buy tickets was only about ten minutes, but then the queue for security was about an hour and a half. I got the tickets while DH joined the longer queue. Pre-buying tickets wouldn't have saved us time. The long queue that you can see snaking round the courtyard is for security. There are lots of staff around to direct you.
We went to the gardens first and they were beautiful, nicer than the house. But we didn't realise you can't get from the gardens to the house, so at about four o'clock we had to do the security queue all over again... It was only about twenty minutes by then, luckily.
I think if you're just visiting the gardens, you skip the security queue.
It was a nice day, but I would take plenty of water and bear in mind there's no shade or shelter while queuing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now