Fast track passport 1 week

(19 Posts)
Annarob1183 Sat 13-Aug-16 08:30:29

Has anyone used the 1 week fast track service lately? Does it take a full week or are they able to push it through quicker? Appointment on Monday, travelling on Saturday I'm sick with worry about it!!

Glitterspy Sat 13-Aug-16 08:33:06

Yes I used it under similar circumstances earlier in the year and yes it was a guaranteed 7 day service.

When you go to the appointment make sure you read the instruction booklet, fill the form in perfectly including counter signatories and take everything on the list. I misread the instruction booklet and didn't bring DS's long form birth certificate and got sent away, that added another 3 days while I requested that documentation.

Good luck!

MsMarvel Sat 13-Aug-16 08:34:55

I think when i did mine it came in under a week, cwnt remember how long exactly though.

Is there not an option to do a 24 hour fast track?

Annarob1183 Sat 13-Aug-16 08:49:40

For some reason you can't use the 24 hour fast track for a child's passport so this is our only option, we're just hoping that theres a chance it might arrive by Saturday!

A friend had her appointment last Sunday. Child passport delivered on Wednesday and she flew the next day. You'll be fine. Just make clear when you're traveling. Enjoy your holiday!

marcopront Sun 14-Aug-16 07:44:53

I had the appointment on Thursday, new passport arrived on Tuesday for a child's renewal. That was two months ago though.

FruitCider Sun 14-Aug-16 07:46:12

Last November I went to Newport on the Friday and my passport was with me the following Tuesday.

fatowl Sun 14-Aug-16 07:49:13

I'm currently in the 7-day wait (appt was on Thursday)
Great service at the Liverpool office- just fingers crossed our passports (me and DDs) get back - we fly on 22nd

user1469651065 Tue 16-Aug-16 09:47:48

So we had our appointment 3pm Monday, nervously waiting and hoping it will arrive by Friday now!

Coconutty Tue 16-Aug-16 16:41:55

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

fatowl Tue 16-Aug-16 17:54:29

Mine just arrived (Tuesday afternoon) - appt was thurs

worldsworstchildren Tue 16-Aug-16 18:06:24

Mine came in 3 days

SilverBat Tue 16-Aug-16 18:09:27

If you are close by, you can also go and pick it up rather than have it posted.

user1469651065 Fri 19-Aug-16 12:35:23

In case this is useful for anybody in future, the passport arrived today, Friday morning. It was printed on Wednesday evening. Not too bad going, the lady at the office told me they had no backlog so I guess the turnaround is 3-4 days as long as the office is up to date with applications.
Phew!

AfroPuffs Thu 25-Aug-16 10:35:22

Still waiting for passport...hasnt even been examined yet and countersignatory not contacted. Im a nervous wreck and havent slept all week....sad

It went in for fast track last Fri and i fly sat morning. Its my sons pport.

AfroPuffs Fri 26-Aug-16 04:18:52

Still nothing....wondering if i turn up at the office again and cry.

AppleMagic Fri 26-Aug-16 05:39:32

Afro have you phoned them to check on progress? I found the helpline really helpful in similar circumstances.

AfroPuffs Fri 26-Aug-16 06:10:00

Hi Apple, I have phoned several times a day...every day! Everyone in the office knows me by now but for the last 3 days they've said they will email the examiner. The examiner hasnt actioned anything so far. It got through initial checks on 20th, so its frustrating. Countersig not contacted at all....i even gave them their email address but it seems hopeless.

My 5yr old will be devastated sad

Ive lost 8lbs since Saturday....I kid you not!

If I turn up in London will they just turn me away???

riceuten Tue 30-Aug-16 19:49:27

They were brilliant with me. Offer to pay for an upgrade - make an appointment though, or you may be turned away

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now