First flight for 3yo

(4 Posts)
Serenitymummy Tue 09-Aug-16 16:59:48

So ds is 3.5 and going on our first trip abroad with him in a couple of weeks. 2.5 hour flight, I need some hints as to what to pack for a goody/activity bag for him for in-flight entertainment. Any suggestions??? (Bear in mind I've only flown 3 times myself so not experienced with this malarkey!)

PicnicPie Tue 09-Aug-16 17:03:15

Ipad, with headphones and age appropriate apps and downloads of all toddler fave programmes.
Colouring book and reading books. And stickers. Lots of them.
2.5 hour flight should be fine for a 3.5 year old. My 3 old was absolutely fine on a 7 hour flight, my 2yo on the other hand not so much! I'm sure your little one will love it.

MadeinBelfast Tue 09-Aug-16 17:24:06

I usually let mine pick a magazine each at the airport. They can play with the free toy or we read the magazine/ use the stickers while travelling. The Works or somewhere like Poundland is also good for bits and pieces to keep them entertained cheaply - the have games like Snap or my eldest loved using one of those big 10 colour pens to draw whilst flying. I also bring some sweets, partly for bribery and partly because mine get sore ears on take off and landing and sucking or chewing a sweet seems to help.

AnnabellesScarf Tue 09-Aug-16 17:55:28

I always brought sticker books. I find with colouring books, the pens and pencils or pen lids always end up rolling away under the seat - or maybe my children are particularly clumsy.
I usually took one or two small toys to play with on the table. Something you can fiddle with - I had lots of success with some brightly coloured squidgy caterpillars and took them on several flights. this sort of thing

Sometimes the airline will sell a snack box with various bits and pieces in - Easyjet used to - and I found that they always kept the DC occupied for quite a long time. You could make your own little snacky picnic if you didn't want to pay airline prices, but mine always enjoy perusing the menu in the magazine and choosing something.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now