Help needed : Commuting to London from Grantham / Newark

(3 Posts)
Betts83 Mon 08-Aug-16 00:25:50

Hello,

We are looking at moving to Lincolnshire and my husband would need to work in London three days a week and his plan is to commute from Grantham in KingsX.

Does anyone have any experience of themselves / hubbies doing this on a daily or odd occasion and what are your thoughts on it (Reliability, travel time, Grantham traffic, parking) etc etc. TIA

KeepOnPlodding Mon 08-Aug-16 00:46:11

I have no personal knowledge of parking etc. but frequently travel to London from further up the East Coast line and have found it to be pretty reliable. Saying that I would expect to be delayed at least once a week for reasons that you'll never know! From talking to friends I understand that the parking can be hard unless you are there really early.

Trains do get very busy past Peterborough so if DH is hoping to work on the train every morning he might find it more difficult (unless travelling in First Class).

I would suggest finding a week and doing the commute each day, that would give you all an idea of how practical it is.

Betts83 Mon 08-Aug-16 22:33:04

Thanks very much for the information and thoughts. I do intend to do a test run before taking the plunge and buying. If anybody else has any other thoughts on the commute I would appreciate your views

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now