How many t shirts, shorts etc for 2 week hol??

(18 Posts)
Hermanfromguesswho Sat 30-Jul-16 09:33:03

I've searched packing lists on Pinterest and can't see any with advice on how many of each item to take.
It's a beach holiday with 3 (mucky!) kids under 10. How many clothes shal I pack for them for 2 weeks???
Any advice?

BikeRunSki Sat 30-Jul-16 09:34:30

I'd say 4 of each, and hand wash.
My neighbour would say 14 of each, she's not washing on holiday.

Hermanfromguesswho Sat 30-Jul-16 09:36:51

Will hand washing get rid of ice cream/pasta sauce/suncream etc well enough do you think??

Hermanfromguesswho Sat 30-Jul-16 09:37:46

What about smarter tops/polo tops/dresses for the evenings?

dementedpixie Sat 30-Jul-16 09:40:22

We took 7 pairs of shorts each I think and used them for 2 days each. Dd lived in sundresses. I also used dressy stuff for 2 nights each so took 7 days worth. Only hand washed swimwear.

dudsville Sat 30-Jul-16 09:42:51

Does your hotel have a machine? I only ever take about 5 days worth of clothes because I do not need to own 14 pairs of shorts, for example. Every 5th night or do pop down to the machine work a glass of wine and something to read!

dudsville Sat 30-Jul-16 09:44:09

I'm also the shmuck who does this before coming home so that I can just relax and not have to work through mounds of laundry when I get back.

dementedpixie Sat 30-Jul-16 09:44:43

I have never been anywhere with a washing machine although they have offered a chargeable laundry service which we never use.

Hermanfromguesswho Sat 30-Jul-16 09:54:11

A washing machine would be really handy! It's all inclusive hotel so maybe it does have one. Can't rely on it though...

BluePitchFork Sat 30-Jul-16 10:34:01

I would take (at most) 7 of each.
it's the holidays, unless clothes are really mucky a little bit of dirt will not matter.
keep a set back for beach and one for mealtimes and consider taking bibs (if only to threaten dc that they will be worn if they can't eat without getting dirty)

noramum Sat 30-Jul-16 16:28:21

For a hotel holiday I normally take 14 tops for each of us as I hate the feeling of sweat and sun cream in T-shirts. I normally change into a fresh one for dinner after I shower in the evening and re-use the top the next day.

Shorts - I take 2-3 but DD will wear dresses in the evening.

A couple of dressier items as well.

LIZS Sat 30-Jul-16 16:33:50

Ime most stains like tomato sauce and lollies come out if you dry them in the sun, even with hand washing,

Artandco Sat 30-Jul-16 16:42:14

7 tshirts
4 shorts
2 swim wear

Add three dresses and remove 2shorts and 3 tshirts for girls

They will wear swim wear mainly, so most shorts for Example only worn a few hours max a day.
A tshirts can be rinsed if needed

ErgonomicallyUnsound Sun 31-Jul-16 15:09:01

My DC 10 &12 are filthy beasts. We take for them for 2 weeks
DS :
3 pairs swim trunks
10 tops
6 pairs shorts
3-4 sets football tops and shorts
14 socks
1 hoody
DD
5 swimming costumes
14 tops
3 skirts
5 dresses
2-3 play suits
6 shorts
2 cardis
Lots of sandals and flip flops

I will not be doing washing on my holiday, unless it's an emergency! I will take the same tube of travel wash Ive had since 1995 blush

OSETmum Wed 03-Aug-16 20:30:07

We're going for 10 days and DS (7) is taking:
5 pairs of shorts
7 t shirts
2 shirts for eating out
3 pairs of swimming shorts
1 uv top ( maybe need to get another?!)
2 pairs of pjs
Smart canvas shoes
Crocs ( I know but he liked them!)
Trainers
BUT we will have a washing machine so might be a bit different for us!

OSETmum Wed 03-Aug-16 20:31:10

Oh yeah and one hoody just incase!

suit2845321oie Fri 05-Aug-16 15:06:38

We are going for 10 days and I've packed them each 20 pairs of pants (value Tesco), 10 socks (value Tesco), 20 tshirts and 10 shorts plus 5 swim wear each. It's the first time we've done a hotel holiday and usually have a washing machine but they can't wear anything more than once as it doesn't smell great after being out in sweaty weather and I can't bear the thought thought of washing by hand in the sink. Managed to pack for 5 of us in 2 cases and a handluggage case though so quite impressed with myself

Hersetta427 Fri 05-Aug-16 15:26:01

My DS is just 5 and we are away for 2 weeks very soon. He will be taking:-

2/3 UV suits
5 pairs day shorts
4 pairs evening linen shorts
10 T shirts (mixture of day and night time)
3/4 smart shirts for when we eat at the posh restaurants within the hotel
1 pair crocs
1 pair leather sandals
I pair trainers
2 hats
3/4 pairs of socks
10-14 pairs of pants

Tube of travel wash !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now