Can you take milk on plane?!

(9 Posts)
bugsey123 Fri 29-Jul-16 14:43:49

So I have a bit of a dilemma.. Going abroad when LO is around 5 months I have read that you can take the ready made cartons or pervade bottles HOWEVER my LO is on aptimal anti reflux so there isn't cartons and if you pre make them up iv heard they go solid after 2 hours.. If I go out for the day I usually take flasks filled with water from the tommee tippee machine ( institutions say to add powder after at "hand hot" temp) and I don't think they will let flasks on?! Any help will be great! Thanks xx

bugsey123 Fri 29-Jul-16 14:44:22

Pre made bottles that should say

dementedpixie Fri 29-Jul-16 14:47:48

I would take the bottles filled with previously boiled water and take pre measured powder with you. You may be asked to taste the water.

swg1 Fri 29-Jul-16 14:50:18

Ask for boiling water. Coffee shops/air hostesses will usually happily fill a baby bottle for you once you're through customs.

pegomassive1 Fri 29-Jul-16 14:53:13

We're just back from holiday dd still on formula milk we took a tupperware filled with formula powder and about 4 bottled with cooled boiled water in. When you go through security they put the water in a special x-ray machines not a problem at all

pegomassive1 Fri 29-Jul-16 14:53:56

To heat like pp said just ask for boiled water in the cafe/bar after security

bitemyshinymetalass Fri 29-Jul-16 14:54:00

Depends on where you go through. I've been at airports where they confiscated a bottle of milk, and another (same trip) where they let me take the milk, and water, and a yoghurt and more just because I waved vaguely at the baby!

bugsey123 Fri 29-Jul-16 15:10:50

Brilliant help! Thank you... So I'll take pre boiled water in the bottles and powder separate! I can't believe they took it off you! What do they expect the baby to eat! X

browneyedgirl23 Sat 30-Jul-16 07:53:27

It will all depend on who you fly with by most airlines are very good with babies.
I flew with virgin last year and just popped them an email before I flew asking these exact questions and then printed off their response in case I had any problems - also speak to the airport your travelling from as they will be responsible for security checks and tell you exactly what you can and can't take - but most are very accommodating! Also, you can order milk etc from boots at the airport (I did this at Heathrow) so you don't need to take anything through security, or very little and you pay and pick up when you get to departures.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now