October half term holiday ideas

(6 Posts)
Asuitablemum Tue 26-Jul-16 20:28:53

Planning a half term holiday with our family plus sil family and grandparents. Any ideas or thoughts? I know Cyprus and the canaries may still be warm enough for a villa pool holiday. Or I thought somewhere in the Alps might be nice with access to an indoor pool. Or even a centre parc style holiday in uk or abroad.

LIZS Tue 26-Jul-16 20:35:38

You need to be slightly careful with alpine resorts in late October. Their autumn break tends to be a week or two earlier and many of the facilities then close for maintenance until ski season. It can be a great time weather wise and scenic though.

rookiemere Tue 26-Jul-16 20:54:54

If you want guaranteed hot weather, then I'd recommend the Canaries. We go to Tenerife every October break and have always had very pleasant weather ( mid twenties). Cora adele area is nice and family friendly.

Asuitablemum Tue 26-Jul-16 21:45:34

Thanks. Which alpine resorts would you recommend for family holidays? Thinking walks, playing around, going swimming etc.

Also, any tips on whether canary island flight prices will drop? I recoil a bit at paying £500 p head which are current prices. When surely normally those flights are £200ish?!

LIZS Tue 26-Jul-16 21:59:15

Try a larger resort like Chamonix, Zermatt, Saas Fee, Kitzbuehl , St Anton, Seefeld . Check what would be open , I think they would have indoor pool complexes but lift access to higher level walks may be limited to weekends.

rookiemere Wed 27-Jul-16 21:53:40

I don't think the Canaries flight prices will be going down. They are a very popular October destination and now have increased demand as people are avoiding other winter sun destinations such as Egypt and Turkey.
I got the flights to Tenerife for around 150 each by booking them the day they came out, which isn't much use to you now, but maybe an idea for next year.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now