Any advice for family friendly villas abroad please?

(7 Posts)
Playitagainsam Sun 24-Jul-16 09:14:23

We're looking to go somewhere May half term next year, me and OH plus 5 and 2 year olds and 2 grandparents. It's OH's 40th so would like to go somewhere nice but not crazy pricey. We're really after somewhere where you have places to eat/drink/shops etc. within an easy walk, so we don't need to drive once we're there. Anywhere with a relatively short flight ideally and nice weather. I'm struggling with the sheer volume of villas available online and just don't know where to start! Am hoping for some recommendations please, all gratefully received!

Costacoffeeplease Sun 24-Jul-16 09:37:11

I live in Carvoeiro in the Algarve, about two and a half hour flight, 45 minutes transfer from the airport. Lots of self catering villas and apartments, lots of choice of restaurants etc, sandy beach

Happy to answer any questions or advise on locations of properties

rookiemere Sun 24-Jul-16 19:05:29

You could try looking at villa plus as you can sort on various filter and all of their villas have pool tables and table tennis and usually can pay for pool gates.

Spain/Majorca won't be reliably warm at that time of year, Canaries will be but it is an hour further flight, sounds like Portugal would be too.

Playitagainsam Sun 24-Jul-16 21:33:57

Thanks Costa, that's great - what's the weather like in May time where you are? I think the Algarve could be a good shout, i'll do a bit of googling.
Rookie - I did wonder if the 4 hours to the Canaries might be a bit too far with a 2 year old (he's a bit nutty!). It's trying to get the balance between nice weather and risking a hideous journey! I'll have a look at villa plus and see what they have, thanks.

Costacoffeeplease Sun 24-Jul-16 23:28:47

May half term is usually very nice, mid 20s plus

Jacksy15 Tue 26-Jul-16 09:38:26

We booked with a company called Panoramic Villas last year and went to the Costa del Sol. They had a good choice of places that were family-friendly and we got a villa with safety fence etc. We stayed near Mijas and went to the beach near Fuengirola most days. Would recommend them.

bitofabelly Tue 26-Jul-16 21:44:29

https://www.ownersdirect.co.uk/accommodation/p8037571

I have had my eye on this place for a while. Expensive but good reviews.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now