Days out in Brisbane with teen DCs

(5 Posts)
Celeriacacaca Sat 16-Jul-16 21:47:43

We have several days in Brisbane, two of which DD's (13) friend will be joining us from Sydney for. We're staying with family a little out of Brisbane but can catch a train in. Can someone plan me a couple of days out to entertain the DCs please during those two days?

Celeriacacaca Tue 19-Jul-16 09:04:36

bump

Draylon Fri 22-Jul-16 15:20:41

Put this in 'living overseas'- there are a couple of Brisbanites there; but you shouldn't be stuck for things to do, like a river trip on the RiverCats, Southbank parklands for a swim, Mt Cootha for a good view; Steve Irwin's Australia Zoo between Briz and the Gold Coast.

20 years since I lived there but you won't be short of things to do!

KP86 Fri 22-Jul-16 15:25:37

Agree with Southbank, especially if you want a fairly relaxing afternoon

Go visit and eat in Chinatown in Fortitude Valley (The Valley)

Storey Bridge climb, if you're interested in that sort of thing

Theme parks on the Gold Coast (about 1hr by train). Dreamworld and Movie World are the best in my opinion

theredjellybean Sun 31-Jul-16 14:45:45

i would say southbank is boring ...small man made beach with basically paddling lagoon swamped with little kids, few dull cafes and a walk through some not so good gardens. teenagers would not thank you

Australia zoo is fab for all ages, and for teenagers the theme parks on gold coast would probably be a hit , the beaches down towards gold coast are good too if they are keen beach babes or surfer
you could hire car and take ferry over to straddie ( north stradbroke island) again great beaches and possibly whale watching if in right season.
Noosa is 2 hr drive north and a really great resort, lots of chi chi boutiques, great beach ( can you tell i love the beach ) and great food...my teenage girls loved it as could walk up and down posing in bikinis ogling the surfer boys !
there is also the aquarium on the north coast and sea world on the gold coast.
South stradbroke island is an eco resort , i am not sure if you can do a day trip and then you can go to tangalooma on moreton bay island , there used to be a trip which picked you up in brissy city and took you to ferry and across to resort. There is a dolphin research and education centre there and you can feed the wild dolphins if you stay the night, you can also go sand dune surfing on some of the world's highest sand dunes.

the botanical gardens in brissy are lovely and you can hire in line skates and skate round them, and then go up mt cootha for great city views.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now