Would you fly Malaysian Airlines?

(12 Posts)
DeadGood Tue 12-Jul-16 16:02:45

They had those horrible two crashes last year (was it last year? Anyway, recently.)

I'm reluctant but they are coming up £450 less than my other option... Would you?

HooseRice Tue 12-Jul-16 16:06:04

No, though I have done in the past.

LokisUnderpants Tue 12-Jul-16 16:07:24

Yes I would. Neither have been linked to safety issues. The second crash wasn't a crash. It was blown out of the sky by a missile.

lalaland1985 Tue 12-Jul-16 16:08:07

I have in the past too. Good food. Go for it.

GreenSand Tue 12-Jul-16 16:10:40

Yes, I would.
2014, I think is the disastrous year, but being shot down by rebels is more about the route than the airline, so think it's unfair to associate that one with an airline.

EssentialHummus Tue 12-Jul-16 16:14:50

I would. Slightly outing, but I did plenty of work for them as an aviation finance lawyer and their safety record is good. Neither crash has been attributed to a safety failure afaik. They've also invested massively in their fleet over the last few years, so the average age of their planes is likely to be very low.

DeadGood Tue 12-Jul-16 19:02:13

Thanks all. I'm thinking the same - that an airline with something to prove mightn't be so bad.

Agree with the missile argument but who chooses the routes?

DeadGood Tue 12-Jul-16 19:05:15

Hmm just read up on it more, ignore my last question.

Thank you for the professional opinion essential! Always nice to get an opinion from an insider.

Queenbean Tue 12-Jul-16 19:05:54

Yes I would, I have flown with them 6 times already this year. They are a safe and professional airline and I would have no qualms with using them again.

karalime Tue 12-Jul-16 19:09:07

Yes. If you are worried about accidents, remember that you are far more likely to be killed or horribly injured on the car journey to the airport than involved in an air accident.

JapaneseSlipper Tue 12-Jul-16 21:44:10

That makes me feel better karalime!

Thanks for all feedback. Going for it.

Longdistance Tue 12-Jul-16 21:45:38

My bil has just flown them, and sil did last year.

Go for it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now