Christmas ideas

(10 Posts)
whostolethesocks Mon 11-Jul-16 17:30:38

Where is nice to go for a week with two teenage boys at Christmas time?

mouldycheesefan Tue 12-Jul-16 09:35:50

U.K. Or abroad?
Do you have a large budget as everywhere costs a fortune at Xmas?

Hersetta427 Tue 12-Jul-16 09:53:29

Hurghada in Egypt. Some of the hotels have amazing waterparks. The Jaz Aquaviva has makadi water world located within its grounds and their pools are heated in the winter. Weather approx. 25-27 degrees (although chilly at night).

mummymeister Tue 12-Jul-16 10:09:01

Christmas is mega expensive. we have done it a couple of times. once to florida keys and Disney and once to Belize. happy to send you details of each of the holidays if you message me. belize for teenagers was a holiday of a lifetime - mayan ruins, rainforest jungle, rivertubing, zip lining and a whole host of other experiences my teens wouldn't forget but you need to go for 2 weeks and you need to spend.

whostolethesocks Wed 13-Jul-16 18:27:51

Thanks for the replies. Was just trying to fit a week in otherwise Belize sounds great! We've already been to Hurghada. Wasn't fussy about UK or abroad - was just looking ideas really.

mouldycheesefan Thu 14-Jul-16 09:19:53

Skiing? Neilsons are good for teens
Centre parcs if uk
New York
Disneyworld Florida

mouldycheesefan Thu 14-Jul-16 09:20:19

NB all those options would cost a fortune at xmas

mrsmortis Thu 14-Jul-16 14:13:25

If you do want to go at Christmas time and need to save money - look at flying on Christmas Day.

When I lived in the US the flights were nearly 50% cheaper on Christmas Day than on Christmas Eve. We just celebrated a day late and saved loads of money.

mummymeister Fri 15-Jul-16 10:15:50

what about somewhere like Iceland? or a city break agree that flying anywhere on Christmas day itself is usually cheaper. what sort of budget do you have?

if staying in the uk then look for something that centres around your kids fav hobbies or activities.

OldLagNewName Sat 16-Jul-16 18:40:49

I went to Seville once at Christmas. It was fab and accommodation was 'off peak' rates - their expensive time was (?) Santa Semane and Easter, not Christmas. Flights were ok too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now