Holiday money -pounds to euros

(3 Posts)
2016Hopeful Thu 07-Jul-16 10:44:54

I am so stupid, I wish I had changed my money weeks ago but didn't really expect (or want) Brexit, plus haven't been organised enough to get all the money needed together! Not going until August but the pounds to euro exchange rate has been getting steadily worse. Shall I hold off a bit and hope it gets better or just change it now!!!

What is making this worse is that it's the most expensive family holiday we have been on and we haven't paid for the accommodation yet (just deposit) which needs to be paid in euros when we arrive.

lljkk Thu 07-Jul-16 10:59:41

What about changing half now & plan to change half later? Hedge your risks. How much total ££ will you expect to change?

2016Hopeful Thu 07-Jul-16 11:12:05

Thanks for that, I was half thinking that too. Just a bit uncertain so have been burying my head in the sand!!

Will probably change about £3K but might have to find more now as when I booked the actual accommodation would have been 1.5K but now will be higher!!!

Wish I had a crystal ball!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now