Booking a Villa holiday for large group

(11 Posts)
eosmum Mon 04-Jul-16 12:27:01

It's for MILs 70th birthday next year, up to 14 adults and 12 DCs. I was thinking of three/four bed villas to give everyone their own space, but need them together. Open to anywhere really in Europe, Spain, France, Italy. Anyone done this? We won't have enough drivers, so we will need a beach in walking distance and not too far from airport. I've been googling for a couple of days and my head is melted.

AmsterdamEv Thu 07-Jul-16 14:36:24

I just posted almost exactly the same message! If you find anywhere can you let me know?!

AmsterdamEv Thu 07-Jul-16 14:37:02

This is the best I've found but doesn't really have a central communal area:

fincanino.com/en/accommodation-villas-sierras.html

frenchfancy Thu 07-Jul-16 20:37:26

The trouble with several villas together is they rarely have enough communal space for everyone to eat together, and the kitchens are not adapted to catering for large groups. Try www.groupaccommodation.com/

Getabloominmoveon Thu 07-Jul-16 20:57:26

We do a big family weekend every year and I agree with French fancy that you won't have any communal areas or places to eat together. I guess ideally a big house with separate houses would work but these places are rarely near the coast in my experience. More likely to be inland as they're often converted farmhouses. We've had some great places over the years - always inland. And actually being a together in one or a couple of big houses has been a lot of fun, especially if there's a games room and pool.
One option could be to take over the whole of a small hotel if you definitely need to be by the beach and airport. Spain - Malaga - or Portugal could be possibilities.

eosmum Sat 09-Jul-16 10:44:22

Thanks guys. Ive sent off a few enquiries to that site frenchfancy, couple are already booked though. We are looking at campsites also now. I also went to a travel agent and they will hopefully come back with some ideas.

eosmum Sat 09-Jul-16 10:52:30

Just to add the perfect places ive found tend to also be away from the airports unfortunately:-(

Hersetta427 Mon 11-Jul-16 12:23:48

Maybe the Murcia region of spain - Los Al Cazares. 5 mins from Murcia area and a 10 min walk to the beach.

justaweeone Tue 12-Jul-16 18:04:02

https://www.homeaway.co.uk/p452594

justaweeone Tue 12-Jul-16 18:12:02

http://www.groupaccommodation.com/locations/greece

concertplayer Wed 13-Jul-16 17:49:18

justa weeone Do these sites' guarantees work in a similar way to Abta?
ie if the company went bust etc

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now