Too big for travel cot but not in a bed yet...

(10 Posts)
Misty9 Wed 15-Jun-16 20:51:33

Dd is 2.2 and still in a bed at home (we transferred ds at 22mo. We're waiting as long as possible this time!) but isn't happy in a travel cot now and I'm worried she'll tip it. What do others do? Mattress on floor? But she'll likely wander and impede on our child free evenings

Tonight it's the 30 degree heat keeping her awake shock but what do we do about it in the future?

BikeRunSki Wed 15-Jun-16 20:55:34

Is this for home or travelling?

For home, toddler bed or single bed with bed guard

For travelling, Ready Bed

Joneseygirl77 Thu 16-Jun-16 13:16:54

OP we're in the same position with DD 2.2 Still in her cot and grobag at home but we're off on hols next week so wondering whether to just do her travel cot. Really don't want to move her into a bed just yet!

Bike are the ready beds good?

Artandco Thu 16-Jun-16 13:21:10

Just matress on floor tbh. They are two. On holiday make a bed out of blankets or folded duvet if needed

noramum Thu 16-Jun-16 13:22:08

DD was in a single bed. They are a lot wider than a toddler bed and with enough pillows on the floor she would have fallen soft.

I think if they wander they wander. As long as your holiday accomodation is childfriendly I would just put her into a bed.

DD never liked readybeds. They squeak and are a bit restrictive as they are basically sleeping bags. See if you can borrow one to check.

DXBMermaid Thu 16-Jun-16 13:22:47

We put two pool noodles under the fitted sheet in a normal single bed. Worked really well and easy to do on holiday!

HelloClouds Fri 17-Jun-16 12:34:52

In our villa we have toddler bedguards for little ones who've outgrown the cots. It's worth emailing the owner of your holiday accommodation to see if they have some, or would be prepared to get one for you (they're not that expensive!).

Misty9 Fri 17-Jun-16 21:50:23

Thanks all. Imo, ready beds aren't all that great. Ds has one and it's very rustle - kept his cousin awake when we stayed over once!

She seems to be OK for now (we're on holiday) and judging by the fuss made at bedtime tonight, we are keeping her contained for as long as possible! Dh has vetoed any more holidays this year so I guess she'll be in a bed by the next one.

Oh, and the owners haven't provided a highchair or offered to pay for one after we've said we might have to buy one, so I doubt they'd jump at the chance for a bed guard...!

Misty9 Fri 17-Jun-16 21:51:25

Where's your villa helloclouds ? You sound pretty child friendly smile

HelloClouds Mon 20-Jun-16 14:42:11

Sorry, Misty, haven't looked at Mumsnet for a few days! Our villa is in Andalucia. We have 4 kids of our own so it has to be child-friendly! You can see it here

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now