Tailor made holiday

(4 Posts)
Nograssisgreener Mon 06-Jun-16 23:55:03

Are tailor made holidays more expensive than sorting out your own holiday and booking all your stuff. I do appreciate a tailor made holiday but I wonder if it makes the holiday abit more expensive what do you think is it worth having a holiday tailor made for you? I know its convienient and cuts out all the hustle but I just need to know if this is going to make the holiday more expensive.
Thanks

mummymeister Tue 07-Jun-16 10:44:12

of course they are! someone else is doing all the work for you plus you get what they give rather than exactly what you want. order some brochures for the tailor made ones and see. we get them for ideas then go and book all of our stuff ourselves.

when we went to Belize if we had gone tailor made on exactly the same itinerary and almost identical accommodation it would have been double the price. plus of course no fun doing all the sorting out and booking.

concertplayer Tue 14-Jun-16 21:19:58

Where are you thinking of going? What sort of holiday do you want?
Basically the more others do for you the more expensive it is.
Friends recently went to Mexico City . This is not known for its safety.
They paid a lot but for the advantage of those organising the thing
having the experience to do it all correctly for them.
If you go to Turkey well it is quite different Highly efficient bus transport
system well-developed tourism etc means you can get around easily
with loads of cheap accommodation . We mixed 4/5 nights slumming
it followed by 2/3 nights in better accommodation for private bathroom etc The good thing about doing it yourself is that if you do not like somewhere you can just leave.

Rainshowers Wed 15-Jun-16 07:51:19

Our honeymoon was a multi-centre trip to Thailand and we booked it all through a company, they arranged he private transfers, some of the activities etc and it was great to not have to worry about it while wedding planning but expensive.

We went back to them this year for our holiday to America, but after pricing up their version, we had a look at doing it ourselves and it worked out quite a bit cheaper.

Like the other posters have said, it depends where you're going and your budget, you're likely to get a lot more for your money if you do it yourself.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now