bringing back pushchair from usa?

(10 Posts)
Whatthesausage Sat 04-Jun-16 13:33:45

I am currently 16 weeks pregnant and already have a one year old, so need a double for when new baby arrives, we are going to Florida in july so my plan was to take our single, donate to a thift store then buy a double, babyjogger city select and bring that back with one year old ds in and spare seat adpaters etc in luggage. Can anyone anticipate any problems with this plan, it saves us quite a bit of money as we had the holiday booked anyway so can save around 250 on the cost of the pushchair, and will definitely need a double as I walk everywhere and one year old is not walking and still naps a lot

HerRoyalNotness Sat 04-Jun-16 13:37:42

I guess you'll have to see if one is in stock somewhere or preorder it? Don't stores normally not keep stock and have to order them in?

LondonSpoon Sat 04-Jun-16 13:48:38

To overcome the stock option you could just pre order it as you know which model you want. Get it delivered to where you're staying or store delivery to a shop nearby if possible?

Whatthesausage Sat 04-Jun-16 13:56:43

We were hoping to order from the babies r us near where we are staying, was just worrying about them saying at the airport its to big or something but I'm sure I've seen people at airports with them.

Friolero Sat 04-Jun-16 14:06:54

I had that pushchair, it folds down relatively small as the seats go flat and you can remove the wheels. I would get a travel bag or something for it for the plane though as you can't fold it with both seats on so would need to remove at least one of them.

sparechange Sat 04-Jun-16 14:10:18

The only potential issue is that depending on the cost of it, you could technically need declare it to customs and pay the relevant tax.
So I would make sure it gets enough food and milk spilt on it to not look 'new'. And post the receipts and any tags back to yourself so they aren't in your case if it gets searched.

NeedACleverNN Sat 04-Jun-16 14:11:11

How come you want to bring one back instead of buying in the uk?

Is it cheaper?

mummytime Sat 04-Jun-16 14:50:35

I'd make sure it's cheaper, and still is when you include sales tax. Because when mine were little Pushchairs were cheaper for the same in the UK (due to import duty). I

Specialagentblond Sat 04-Jun-16 20:46:25

I think you'll be fine doing that.
Airlines are fine with any size buggy in my experience, as long as you help them fold it down..
BUT: we have had our buggy ruined because the baggage handlers in the UK have bashed it around so much. We had taken the battered spare for this reason, and were glad we did, so maybe some fragile labels and take a pic of the receipt in case you need to claim x

AndNowItsSeven Sat 04-Jun-16 20:47:31

I bought my baby jogger from amaxon Us it cost 11 dollars to ship to the uk.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now