Alcudia, Majorca with a toddler

(3 Posts)
TestingTestingWonTooFree Thu 02-Jun-16 20:00:38

My DD will be 23 months when we go away. Am I being reckless in thinking we don't need to pack much in the way of supplies for her? She has cows milk, eats a range of food (and throws a lot of it on the floor) and will wear any nappies. They have babies in Majorca, so I'm guessing that local shops will sell the stuff we need. We're staying in a hotel but have a little kitchen in our room which I'm banking on allowing for sandwich/yoghurt/fruit lunches.

justgotosleep Tue 07-Jun-16 21:19:18

We're also going to Mallorca with a 23 month old this summer, but staying in a villa. You won't need much because you can buy milk, water, nappies, wipes etc there. I will take the following though:

Favourite cup
Plastic bowl and plate
Plastic cutlery
Calpol just in case
Swim nappy
Armbands

Anything you need you can just buy or hire when you're there. Have a great time.

noramum Wed 08-Jun-16 13:22:48

Majorca is great for children, we went when DD was 23 months and when she was just under 4.

Milk - you have either UHT in Majorca or fresh but with a longer expiry date and you can taste the difference. DD went off milk both times for the full 2 weeks. Tbh, I didn't care. There are lots of lovely yoghurts so I just gave them to her.

Tons of fresh fruit and her love of all things peaches and apricots resulted in some spectacular nappies, so take spares.

As PP said, take some cups and plates plus some tupperware style boxes to take things with you. I would take a couple of dry snacks to get you going until you find something. There are various supermarkets in the area.

Ideally get a UV suit for playing in the sand/beach. The beach is really good, sandy and clean.

The only thing we couldn't find were nappy sacks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now