Travel from Leeds/Manchester to Strasbourg

(5 Posts)
Appletreeblossom123 Thu 02-Jun-16 19:22:51

DH wants to go to Strasbourg for a weekend to attend an event there. From a bit of googling I gather there are no direct flights from the UK to Strasbourg. Can anyone recommend a route? Happy to consider any combination of flights/trains/long distances buses. We live in Leeds, but DH also spends a lot of time in Manchester, so using Manchester as a starting point for the journey would also be an option. TIA.

NicknameUsed Sat 04-Jun-16 23:40:39

Leeds Bradford to Amsterdam, then Amsterdam to Strasbourg. Daily flights between all airports.

BarbaraofSeville Mon 06-Jun-16 09:38:11

Have a look at Brussels airlines, via Brussels, probably from Manchester. DP was working in Germany earlier this year and that's how his company sent him.

It was very easy and surprisingly affordable considering the short notice booking and he bought me Godiva Chocolates from Brussels airport on the way back.

Appletreeblossom123 Tue 07-Jun-16 17:57:14

Thank you for the replies.

WideWoman Tue 07-Jun-16 18:17:18

Easyjet fly from Manchester to Freiburg-Basel-Mulhouse airport. (Or used to at least).

I think the airport itself is actually in Switzerland, or possibly it is right on the border, but anyway, it is close to Strasbourg - you can get a coach directly from the airport. I think the coach takes about an hour and a half.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now