Can anyone help me plan 3 days in Marleybone?

(13 Posts)
Wellhellothere1 Sun 29-May-16 15:13:04

I'm going to London for almost 3 days with DH in a few weeks. He is going to a course for work on one of the days so I'll be on my own all day (utter bliss!). Anyone know the area well enough to recommend a few fabulous places for me? I love food, shopping, reading, museums anything really. I'll have a look online too but would love some recommendations from those familiar with the area. Thanks!

eurochick Sun 29-May-16 15:16:17

You will be close to oxford street (selfridges, etc) and in easy reach of the natural history, science and V&A museums but frankly you can get to anywhere you like within London in less than an hour from there.

bloodypassword Sun 29-May-16 15:20:58

Marylebone high street is fab - lots of small boutique expensive shops and loads of places to eat. Probably won't find a Greggs wink there but it is very nice. You're so close to loads of other places from there. Check out Time Out for info on what's on nearby

Caper86 Sun 29-May-16 15:22:03

Marylebone is central London so you can go anywhere from there - if you love food then Soho is a good spot - lots of cafes, restaurants, bars etc. You'll be near to Oxford St for shopping too, though there are lots of nice boutiques in Marylebone. It's a great area and within easy walking distance to everything. The British Museum is also in that area. Enjoy! smile

Swissgemma Sun 29-May-16 15:23:11

The wallace collection is in marylebone... they have a lovely restaurant!

pfft123 Sun 29-May-16 15:27:21

I love Marylebone high st. Great shops. Check out La Fromagerie - cheese shop and deli with a cheese cafe. Yum yum. Coco Momo good for a cocktail. If you fancy a film the Everyman cinema is lovely.

littleducks Sun 29-May-16 15:35:54

Another vote for Wallace Collection

Wellhellothere1 Sun 29-May-16 19:52:35

You are all brilliant! Thanks. X

WhatwouldRuthdo Sun 29-May-16 20:00:39

If you're a carnivore, take a look in the Ginger Pig next to La Fromagerie. Primarily an upmarket butchers, but has a take away food bit. There's also a wine place a few doors down, right by Paddington Street Gardens, which I haven't checked out yet but looks nice.

peekaboo1 Sun 29-May-16 20:05:59

Daunt bookshop on marylebone high st is one of the most beautiful in the world.
You can can walk to Regent's Park.
The deliciously Ella cafe is on Seymour place (Mae deli)
Seymours parlour in the zetter townhouse for sneaky cocktails, also purl cocktail bar.
You can get anywhere you want in zone 1 so easily from marylebone. I live there , so feel free to pm me if you want any more specific recommendations.

cakeinmyfacehole Sun 29-May-16 20:07:29

The Tapa Room (ground floor of the Providores on Marylebone high street) does a fabulous brunch - well, it did years ago when I went. If you are on your own, grab a window seat and watch the world go by. I love Le Relais de Venice too - no booking, just queue (just steak frites so only works for carnivores, and get there early).
As others have said - you will be near enough to most of London. The open top bus tours are great and I could spend hours in the National Portrait Gallery.

Wellhellothere1 Sun 29-May-16 21:20:51

Thanks. We are going on June 15th so I'll start to put together a list of places I would like to go to soon. All the above sound brilliant. Thanks peekaboo-very kind of you.

peekaboo1 Mon 30-May-16 13:09:25

If u are there over the 18th weekend check out the Marylebone summer fayre. It has a website. The Sunday is the main day but lots of stuff on the Saturday too

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now