would you go on an all inclusive to Greece?

(10 Posts)
fryingtoday Wed 25-May-16 20:49:35

Seen what looks like a fab resort, with water slides, kids clubs, food options, all inclusive. Looks big. My concern is are they really crowded and noisy? I once went to disneyworld Paris for a conference and the crowds and queuing for breakfast is my idea of hell. Are the all inclusive large resorts like that at all?
It's a Thomson one I think that I'm looking at in Greece.

NicknameUsed Wed 25-May-16 21:22:22

No. Sorry, that sounds like my idea of hell. We prefer quiet, self catering accommodation with a pool and within walking distance of loads of tavernas. DD was never interested in kids clubs etc and was quite happy to do what we wanted to do.

MrsCocoa Wed 25-May-16 21:36:04

Might swerve a Thomson one - bit bland and British? Mitsis is a good Greek chain - sometime there are deals to be had? Have had some fab times in smaller hotels too.

ShanghaiDiva Thu 26-May-16 01:28:56

Also my idea of hell on earth.
Self catering all the way smile

mummymeister Thu 26-May-16 09:18:02

Well if its a big resort then everyone will be wanting breakfast at around the same time so I think you have already answered your own question!

We have never been AI and suspect that we never will. not only the crowds and the noise but if you self cater you can have what you want when you want it.

ErgonomicallyUnsound Thu 26-May-16 13:32:53

We went to a Thomson 5* one in Rhodes and I thought it was awful. The DC and DH, OTOH, thoguht they'd died and gone to heaven.

Wall to wall activities, kids their age, excellent quality food and drink.

Where we in Greece? Who knows. That's why I didn't like it.

We went to another posh one in Corfu last year but this time had half the time out, in a hire car, snorkelling round the island and eating at tavernas. Kept mummy happy. grin

Depends what you like!

NicknameUsed Thu 26-May-16 13:46:41

"Where we in Greece? Who knows. That's why I didn't like it. "

That's one of the reasons that AI doesn't appeal to me. When we go on holiday we like to see something of the place.

BeStrongAndCourageous Thu 26-May-16 14:26:34

How old are your kids? Because we're not long back from a Thomas Cook AI in Portugal and it was perfect for our 4 and 2 year olds. When they're that little I think the key to a successful holiday is to pick something the kids will like, stay put, and hope to God the novelty doesn't wear off before the end of the holiday!

I hope when they're older we can do more exploring and getting to know different places though.

exLtEveDallas Thu 26-May-16 14:51:07

Yep. Did it last year. Blue Lagoon Resort in Kos.

Was lovely. Resort is enormous so you don't feel all jammed together. Room was a good size, well decorated, everything in good nick. Food was excellent; choice of very large main buffet, smaller poolside buffet, Italian, or Greek al la carte restaurants. The mini waterpark also had a snack bar.

We took breakfast in the poolside buffet at around 8am. Lunch in the same place at about 1 (or the snack bar) and evening meal about 7. We never had any issues with queuing.

There was a fabulous entertainment team run by Sebbi who kept DD happy around the poolside (largest pool in Europe) and in the evening. We tended to sit and chat with friends more at night though (entertainment was pretty cheesy!)

We did a number of trips out - went to Turkey a couple of times on the ferry (€9) and stocked DD up on fake Super Dry, went into Kos in the afternoons and evenings, went to an amazing mountain monastery one afternoon (car hire €30 for the day). There's a fun waterpark based on inflatables at Paradise Beach which was DDs favourite day, and DH was facinated by the castle and ruins in Kos Town.

Holidays are what you make them. Don't sneer until you've tried it.

fryingtoday Thu 26-May-16 19:30:41

My DC is 5 and as just spilt from father want it to be fun packed for her. Will look into that Kos option - thanks!,

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now