How do you get to use a golf cart at an airport?

(8 Posts)
ThomasRichard Wed 25-May-16 11:22:06

Do you just flag them down, or do they have to be pre-arranged? I have a short transfer at Scipol coming up and I have awful memories of running through CDG's incredibly long terminal, with carts whizzing past me, arriving at my next gate to see the plane taxi-ing away.

corlette Wed 25-May-16 11:29:46

The one time I used a golf buggy at the airport, it was pre arranged.
I had a spinal injury and Emirates arranged pick up at my gate of arrival at Dubai and whizzed me to the gate of my departing flight. I had to do the arranging pre flight though and I provided doctors letters etc.
Check with your airline if they can arrange a buggy.

Rosa Wed 25-May-16 11:31:43

They are for people who need assistance normally slow walkers or people who have difficulites . They have to be requested in advance via the airline ...But this can mean that you are pre boarded and are last off.

ThomasRichard Wed 25-May-16 11:42:18

Ah ok, I thoguht that might be the case. I don't have any mobility difficulties. I can get a meet & greet but it costs quite a bit. Apparently Schipol is quite a bit smaller so it should be do-able.

IceMaiden73 Thu 26-May-16 08:37:05

They need to be prebooked and are for people with mobility issues x

OldBeanbagz Thu 26-May-16 08:42:30

From recent experience i would say that Schiphol is an oasis of calm compared to CDG. How long do you have between flights?

ThomasRichard Fri 27-May-16 12:03:30

40 minutes. I'm transferring back through CDG but I have a longer stopover.

mrsmortis Tue 31-May-16 12:12:37

Where are you going? If you are going into Schengen then you'll need to go through passport (but there is no second lot of security at Schipol any more - yay!). 40 mins is a short transfer. Make sure you use the short connections queue at security. And be prepared to run.

I've got a 50 min connection there this Saturday morning and I'm preparing for the same thing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now