Passport trouble... Please help!!!

(5 Posts)
Fpmd1710 Thu 19-May-16 10:38:33

I'm currently in the process of applying for my DS first passport and it says that due to myself and his father being born after December '82, I need to provide details about grandparents OR details of parents' claim to British Nationality. Can I use our passport numbers as Parent's claim to British nationality or am I going to have to get the grandparents details on DOB/ place of birth / date of marriage etc.

Cupcakesandlove Thu 19-May-16 12:44:00

Hi,

I just put down their name dob place of birth and if they were married to one another. I also only put down my own parents not her fathers and wrote other grandparents unknown due to no contact.

Cupcakesandlove Thu 19-May-16 12:44:17

I've just got it back as well a week and a half later X

Byrdie Thu 19-May-16 12:49:24

Even though both myself and dh are british passport holders and we live in the uk and my parents aren't originally from the uk snd husbands parents live overseas, we still had to out down all their details. It's names, dob and date of marriage i think. If you know these details, it's easier to enter them on the form than leave them out and stress that your application could be delayed.

Fpmd1710 Thu 19-May-16 21:37:53

Thanks for the help guys. Cupcake that was my biggest issue as I have no contact with my dad so wasn't sure how I'd go about getting his details, so it's reassuring to know I can just put that this is the case

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now