Would you go to Marrakech?

(10 Posts)
AnnaChronism Sat 14-May-16 17:13:17

Just that really.
Would you travel to Morocco, specifically Marrakech at the moment?
The terrorism risk is high according to the government travel advice website but then, it's probably quite high for London too.

I should probably mention that we are two women travelling alone.

bilbodog Sat 14-May-16 18:21:57

I would - been to both Fez and Marrakech in the last 3 years. Love Morocco. Obviously take note of any government advice but as you say terror threat is high in many countries at the moment.

situatedknowledge Sat 14-May-16 18:27:00

Yes definitely. Wonderful city and I'd think no more dangerous than London at the moment unless advice changes.

emotionsecho Sat 14-May-16 18:32:16

Yes I would, Marrakech is wonderful and in my opinion pretty safe.

I think there was something in the papers the other day about how Morocco has had significant success in preventing terrorist activity.

Booboostwo Sat 14-May-16 19:48:17

We went three years ago with 2yo DD and had a great time. We didn't feel unsafe at all and sadly there is a risk of terrorist activity almost anywhere at the moment.

snickers251 Sat 14-May-16 23:24:19

Going in August with dc and inlaws

We've been to both Sharm and Tunisia in the last two years (just before the attacks/bomb) and had fantastic times.

You'd think we would be put off travelling to those parts but we love it

Noofly Sun 15-May-16 09:11:19

Yes. I went twice in 2015 and would go again in a heartbeat. I love it there.

AnnaChronism Sun 15-May-16 09:48:14

Thank you for your responses.

The holiday is booked!
Cue much excitement.

I'm sorry I felt I had to ask the question. I went to Morocco for a few days some years ago with a friend and we had a ball. Sadly, the world has changed since then.

emotionsecho Sun 15-May-16 12:44:03

Have fun Anna, I'm jealous I love Marrakech.

mimbleandlittlemy Mon 16-May-16 17:15:51

Neice and her boyfriend have just come back (last week) and they had a lovely time. It's a great city. Enjoy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now