Mark Warner, Corsica - have you been recently, how was it?

(5 Posts)
eatscakefornoreasonwhatsoever Mon 09-May-16 10:18:44

Reposting this under a new title as advised, sorry for duplication

Dh got an unexpected bonus at work recently and as well as paying off some debt we decided to book our first (and possibly our last, since DC1 is starting school in Sep & we'll be limited to school holiday time) family holiday abroad.

We went with Mark Warner because of their reputation and the simplicity factor of all-inclusive and are all starting to get really excited but I was trying to find out if beach towels were provided and happened across some 1* reviews on TripAdvisor from last year completely lambasting the resort - the management, safety, cleanliness - everything!

I'm now feeling really anxious - this is a big outlay for us and, as I said, may well be our last 'proper' holiday for years (whilst camping is fun it's not exactly a break when you're a parent), plus I was the one who suggested MW to my DH based on its reputation, so I feel responsible for the quality of the hol, if that makes sense.

Can anyone reassure me - have they been to the Corsica resort recently? Was it as awful as reviews report? I could weep and am really wondering if we should have booked this damn holiday at all

ApocalypseSlough Mon 09-May-16 13:43:34

Funnily enough I had an awful holiday with Mark Warner, different location and a problem you won't have- very unsupervised teenagers so I was a nervous wreck supervising mine and not letting them party with the others until all hours.
But it was a good holiday! Food and facilities were excellent and the whole AI not worrying about food, tying new things was great. Unless you can cancel with no penalties and find an alternative you should definitely go. Have fun!

mummymeister Mon 09-May-16 14:34:37

Having spoken to friends with younger children than ours who have been with MW recently, I think that their reputation has waned a bit. the prices are still at the top end but not sure if the resorts are either.

more importantly than a negative trip advisor review is looking at what the management response is. this tells you all you need to know about them imo. No response - and they aren't bothered about what their customers think.

PirateSmile Mon 09-May-16 14:35:57

Mark Warner are an awful company. They don't give a toss about their customers. I wouldn't touch them with a bargepole.

Andie65 Mon 09-May-16 14:38:33

We have stopped going with Mark Warner after a disastrous ski holiday. Summer resorts have gone down hill too. It is all so petty they charge you 10 euros a day for wifi and things which considering their prices is a joke. We went to Sani beach last year same price but a completely different experience. I would go with one of the independent resorts like Sami.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now