Ryanair boarding passes

(9 Posts)
Hairyhat Wed 27-Apr-16 18:02:28

A (very dear) friend of mine is travelling abroad in May. Her son has booked her flights and she has never flown with Ryanair before. Apparently you have to print your own boarding passes but cannot do this for the return flight BEFORE she leaves the uk. She can print her outward bound pass but not the return due to time constraints set out by the airline. Can anyone give some advice please as to what she can do (apart from paying extra)?

LIZS Wed 27-Apr-16 18:05:24

Can she print it out while overseas or at the airport, or access it via the app on her phone.

ApologiesToInsectLife Wed 27-Apr-16 18:07:02

Yes she can download the app then show the boarding passes on the screen - that's what we did last year.

patientzero Wed 27-Apr-16 18:10:42

Currently in an airport departure lounge after having to check in whilst on holiday and having used the Ryanair app to check my bag in and clear security. So it's definitely doable smile

Hairyhat Wed 27-Apr-16 18:28:19

Thanks you guys I'm sure she'll find this very useful. Also, if she downloads the app for outward travel, she can double check it works with printed back up just in case!

Hairyhat Wed 27-Apr-16 18:32:24

Any other Ryanair travelling tips please? Do they gave many hidden costs?

Hairyhat Wed 27-Apr-16 18:32:36

*have

ApologiesToInsectLife Wed 27-Apr-16 18:43:29

Tell her not to go a single gram over the allowed baggage weight as they'll get her for it!

HotCrossMummy Fri 29-Apr-16 14:21:36

You can check in 7 days before each flight. If your friend's return flight is within a week, she can check in before she leaves & that print boarding pass too. Good to have hard copies as back up. Filter coffee on board is pretty good!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now