Will airline/airport allow DC travelling with uncle?

(5 Posts)
jaffajiffy Wed 27-Apr-16 11:46:00

I and my brother are due to travel to Italy next week with my DS1 who is 3 and my DS2 who is 8months. I need to change my flight to the next day so I can attend a funeral. DS will be very happy with uncle and will join grandparents and aunt and cousins, so I'm comfortable with that arrangement, and I will follow 24h later. Will the airline object? What should I do to enable them to travel together? If you have experience of this, I'd love to hear. Thanks in advance.

Artandco Wed 27-Apr-16 11:52:32

That's fine. Just type and sign some writing saying you give him authority to leave the country. Enclose a copy of your passport with it also. You can also on another piece of paper give your flight details for the following day so they can see you are booked to join

jaffajiffy Wed 27-Apr-16 14:57:32

Thanks, Artandco

keely79 Wed 27-Apr-16 15:02:34

Try this link for example letter and advice:

www.mumsnet.com/travel/travelling-with-a-child-with-a-different-surname

Or this :

www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/348110/Letter_of_Consent_for_Minors_travelling_to_UK_Apr08.pdf

In my e

keely79 Wed 27-Apr-16 15:03:19

Aargh - pressed send too quickly. Was going to say, probably don't need to get it notarised, but do get once of these filled out - my mum had to show it when travelling back to the UK with my two DC.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now