Eurodisney in January

(5 Posts)
linzimummy Tue 26-Apr-16 18:22:42

Hi
I'm thinking of taking my kids to EuroDisney in mid-January. They'll be 3 & 5. We've never taken the kids abroad before. I'm wondering what the travelling is like? And how cold it is? And how busy at that time of year? Just wanted some general views from people who have been!
Thanks

mummymeister Tue 26-Apr-16 20:31:44

it will be very cold and very wet. providing you are prepared for this with lots and lots of warm clothes and changes of clothes plus pram, rain cover etc it will be fine but even the magic of Disney didn't stop my kids being really whingey in November when we went when they were little. if you have the option to go a bit later on in the year then I would. the weather will be very similar to the uk.

Kirriemuir Tue 26-Apr-16 21:48:57

We always go in winter and love it.

revealall Wed 27-Apr-16 21:25:01

Personally I took mine aged 3 ( in the winter) and it was a bit of a waste. The only advantage was that it was wet and cold so other people tended to stay in the warm and eat - no queues. Downside was that many rides shut if it rained. I'd hang for two years when they'll be perfect age.
There are other European theme parks which are considerably cheaper than the uk ( and better value). Legoland, Center Parcs, Phantasiland. Eifling etc.

Granard Wed 18-May-16 12:41:07

We've been 5 times in early January - usually first week - and we're booked to go again next year.

The first year we went it was minus 7 and we didn't have the right clothes and it was actually unbearable at times. I can honestly say I've never been so cold and the memory has stayed with me!

Since then we've gone prepared with thermal layers etc but it's never been that cold since and, in fact, in January this year, it wasn't that cold at all. It did rain one day but it didn't cause any of the rides to shut.

I think it's a lovely time to go because the Christmas decorations are up, the fireworks display at the Castle each night is lovely and they light the Christmas tree at the end of Main Street each evening. We stay in the DL hotel and the Christmas theme is beautiful.

One year we went at Easter instead and I much prefer the Christmas period. Just check when it ends - I think it's January 8th.

Have a great time if you go and check out the Trip Advisor forum. Figgygirl, the destination expert is a wealth of knowledge and very helpful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now