The Water in Majorca don't taste like it oughta

(8 Posts)
lms2014 Tue 12-Apr-16 20:27:07

Hi everyone, we are taking our 18 month old DD to Majorca in a few weeks. We took her last year and we used bottled water to boil and make up her bottles and for water to drink. Does anyone know if we would still need to boil the bottled water for her drinking water now she's older? We don't boil and cool the tap water here for her anymore. Thank you smile

dementedpixie Tue 12-Apr-16 20:28:02

No you only needed to boil it for making formula not for drinking

IceMaiden73 Wed 13-Apr-16 04:55:11

I would only drink bottled water in Majorca, I would never drink their tap water

dementedpixie Wed 13-Apr-16 06:23:11

The OP said she will use bottled water but is asking if it needs boiling (it doesnt)

exLtEveDallas Wed 13-Apr-16 06:28:37

It doesn't need boiling, it's perfectly safe. I find it tastes a little chlorinated though.

SooticaTheWitchesCat Wed 13-Apr-16 11:00:33

No, you can give her water straight from the bottle, you don't need to boil it now.

noramum Wed 13-Apr-16 13:24:58

No, you don't need to boil bottled water.

Tap water (in case you wonder) is often safe in hotels as it goes through a clearing system but maybe not in holiday homes as lots come with their own well for supply. Ours had a semi-annually official check but the caretaker still advised us to use bottle water for drinking/teeth brushing.

lms2014 Wed 13-Apr-16 19:24:13

Thanks everyone, you've all been really helpful! 😊

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now