Austria - Airport to Train in 1hr 08mins, doable?

(4 Posts)
thelittleredhen Thu 07-Apr-16 14:15:33

I'm going to Austria for the first time in the May holiday and have managed to book flights with a 7hr layover in Vienna which I'm really excited about.

My issue is getting the train from Saltzburg to where we're staying, it's a 90 minute journey and trains go at 7.08 direct, 8.12 with one stop but it's only 3 minutes and then 10.11.

Our ETA into Saltzburg airport is 6.00 - is that going to allow enough time for us to catch the train at 7.08? I'm worried about the 3 minute change with the 8.12 train and 10.11 train gets in at 11.43 which is far too close to midnight for my liking!

WWYD?

thelittleredhen Tue 12-Apr-16 13:02:34

Anybody?

Shopgirl1 Wed 13-Apr-16 20:29:19

I think that will be tight, with the time spent getting out of the airport. It's only about 20 minutes in a taxi from what I can remember, you could be OK, it just depends on flight getting in on time and you getting straight out of the airport and in a cab and traffic being ok.

TheLittleRedHen Wed 08-Jun-16 13:59:32

It worked out fine. Arrived at the train station just in time to get tickets and catch the train <phew>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now